9-Day Tour of Beijing and Shanghai
All trips include:
- Round-trip airfare on Air China
- Accommodations at 4-star Broadway Mansions Hotel Shanghai and the 4-star Beijing International Hotel
- All intra-China flights and ground transportation
- Seven breakfast buffets and one lunch
- Guided tour of Tian Zi Fang in Shanghai
- Guided city tour of Beijing
- Full-day trip to Great Wall of China with lunch
- English-speaking tour director and local guides
Click here to view the full itinerary.
Days 1–4: Shanghai
After landing in Shanghai, you’ll take a panoramic tour of the Tian Zi Fang neighborhood en route to your hotel. The area is known for its boutiques and charming eateries. Over the course of the next two days, the city is yours to explore independently.
You can sign up for optional excursions for an additional fee, which range from a dinner and an acrobatics show to a city tour of Shanghai. The tour starts by visiting the Shanghai Museum of Chinese Art and its 120,000 artifacts, including Chinese bronze, ceramics, paintings, and calligraphy. Another optional tour takes you to the village of Suzhou, known as the “City of Gardens,” where you’ll explore the streets by rickshaw and the picturesque canals by boat.
Days 5–9: Beijing
On the morning of the fifth day, the group boards a flight bound for Beijing, China’s capital city. An introductory tour takes you to historic Tiananmen Square. The following day, you’ll head to the Great Wall of China. On the way there, the guided tour will swing past the venues from the 2008 Summer Olympics and stop at a jade factory. The full-day excursion will be spent exploring the Great Wall, which dates back to the 7th century BC.
In Beijing, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate in optional activities, such as a traditional Chinese foot massage, Peking Duck dinner and the Legend of Kung Fu show, or a visit to the Forbidden City, which served as the Imperial Palace in the Ming and Qing dynasties. Another optional trip includes a tai chi lesson, then takes you to the Summer Palace—home to a classic Chinese Garden— as well as the Temple of Heaven and the Panda Zoo.
Hotel: Beijing International Hotel
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
This deal is only available from the gateways included.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Late returns are possible at a cost of $100 per person, plus any difference in airfare and additional services required, and are subject to availability. To book a late return, let Friendly Planet know and they’ll do their best to accommodate your request.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
If your requested date is available for purchase on Groupon’s site, it should still be available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Technically, you should not be able to buy a Groupon for a sold out date or departure city.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Every passenger traveling is required to have one. Triple rooms are subject to availability.