8-Day Kenyan Tour with Safari at Masai Mara Reserve
This 8-day trip delves deep into Kenya’s savannahs, with game drives, boat rides on Lake Naivasha, and a tour of the capital city, Nairobi. See the itinerary for this trip here.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare New York to Nairobi on Brussels Airlines, including fuel surcharges airline taxes and fees
- 2 nights standard accommodations at 5-star Intercontinental Hotel Nairobi
- 1 night standard accommodations at Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge
- 2 nights standard accommodations at 5-star Keekorok Lodge
- Day-use of standard accommodations at Intercontinental Hotel Nairobi on final day of tour
- All intra-Africa land transportation and transfers
- 12 Meals: 5 full buffet breakfasts, 3 lunches, & 4 dinners
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours and game-viewing drives
- Guaranteed window seat and access to pop-up roof hatch, maximum 6 guests per safari vehicle
- Boat safari on Lake Naivasha and 3 game drives in the Masai Mara Game Reserves
- Experienced driver/guide
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours in Nairobi by local English-speaking guide<p>
Days 1–3: Nairobi
After arriving in Nairobi, Kenya’s capital, you’ll settle into your hotel and have some leisure time before your tour of the city. The tour will stop at several sites, including:
- Langata Giraffe Center: Feed endangered Rothschild giraffes and see warthogs
- Karen Blixen Museum: Set amid palm and cypress trees on a 4,500-acre farm that was once owned by the author of Out of Africa, this museum houses memorabilia from the movie of the same name
- Kazuri Bead Factory: a workshop where colorful handmade ceramic beads and pottery is made
Day 4: Lake Naivasha
On Day 4, you’ll leave Nairobi and head west through the Great Rift Valley towards Lake Naivasha, a freshwater lake located at an altitude of over 6,000 feet.
- Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphans’ Nursery nurtures baby elephants to health before sending them off to roam Tsavo National Park
- Afternoon boat ride: You’ll sail along Lake Naivasha to see exotic waterfowl, hippos, and giraffes roaming before a backdrop of acacia trees.
Days 5-7: Masai Mara Game Reserve
Each year, millions of zebras and wildebeests migrate across the Masai Mara Game Reserve, which contains the Kenyan part of the Serengeti.
- Two game drives give you the chance to see lions, rhinos, and elephants up close
- Optional balloon ride over Masai Mara ($450 fee): Soar 1500 feet above Masai Mara Reserve’s savannah and the Mara River
- Optional Masai Village visit ($25 fee): With this optional excursion, you can meet local indigenous people, who wear bright red sarongs and live in thatched roof huts. They can be seen herding goats and cattle and making handmade jewelry.<p>
Guests spend days 7-8 back in Nairobi before heading home on day 8.<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The included gateway is JFK.<p> Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Late returns may be possible at a cost of $100 per person, plus any difference in airfare and additional services required, and are subject to availability. To book a late return, let Friendly Planet know and they’ll do their best to accommodate your request.<p> How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
If your requested date is available for purchase on Groupon’s site, it should still be available.<p> What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Technically, you should not be able to buy a Groupon for a sold out date or departure city.<p> Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Every passenger traveling is required to have one. Triple rooms are only available upon request.<p>