8-Day Tour of Russia
Explore the Kremlin, see the Volga River, and walk the streets of St. Petersburg on this 8-day tour of Russia. You'll have guided city tours, some leisure time, and a few optional side trips, all designed to immerse you in Russian history and culture. Optional tours include a nighttime visit to the Red Square and a tour of Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg. See the tour itinerary and other information here.
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 2 nights at Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
- 1 night at Park Inn by Radisson Veliky Novgorod
- 3 nights at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg-Moskovskye Vorota
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 10 meals: six breakfasts, one lunch, three dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern, air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager and local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
The trip kicks off with two nights in Moscow. After a leisurely first day, you'll take a tour spotlighting some of the city's most iconic attractions, including Red Square and the Kremlin.
- St. Basil's Cathedral: This 16th-century stunner encompasses nine domed chapels and offers breathtaking views of the Moskva River from the highest floors.
- Kremlin Armory: Houses thousands of relics from Orthodox churches and former tsars, including carriages, textiles, gold, and weapons
- The Arbat: Among the oldest streets in Moscow, this pedestrian thoroughfare is lined with historical buildings and homes once inhabited by artists and writers including Leo Tolstoy and Alexander Pushkin.
After a brief stop in Tver for a city tour and some postcard-worthy views of the Volga River, you'll journey on to Novgorod.
- St. Sophia Cathedral: At one of Russia's oldest cathedrals, you can see Our Lady of the Sign, an icon of the Virgin Mary long considered to be the protector of Novgorod.
- Yaroslav's Court: What remains of a palace once belonging to Yaroslav the Wise, who ruled over Novgorod around the turn of the 10th century
- Peter and Paul Fortress: An ornate military base set along the Neva River
- The Hermitage: Built to house the art collection of Catherine the Great, it has become one of the world's top museums, with masterpieces by van Gogh, Michelangelo, Picasso, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Gate 1 Travel is unable to accommodate extensions for this deal.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares at 1-800-682-3333.