Historic Pagodas, Stately Palaces, and Bustling Markets in Multi-City Tour of Vietnam
Included in all trips:
- Round-trip airfare
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flights Ho Chi Minh-Da Nang & Hue-Hanoi
- Two nights standard accommodations at Royal Lotus Hotel Saigon, Hotel Palace Saigon or Oscar Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh
- Two nights standard accommodations at Hoi An Pacific Hotel or Hoi An Trails Resort in Hoi An
- Two nights standard accommodations at Huong Giang Hotel or Mondial Hotel Hue in Hue
- One night standard accommodations at Royal Lotus Hotel in Halong Bay
- Three nights standard accommodations at Chalcedony Hotel or Sunway Hotel in Hanoi
- All transfers
- 12 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Click here to view the full itinerary.
Days 1–3: Ho Chi Minh City
After arriving in Ho Chi Minh City on day two, you'll settle into your hotel. In the afternoon of the third day, the group embarks on a guided city tour. On the way, you’ll say the neo-Romanesque Notre Dame Cathedral—a centerpiece of the city—as well as the French Colonial-style City Hall, which is modeled after Paris’ City Hall. You’ll also make a pit stop at the Ben Thanh Market, an outdoor market featuring stalls lined with clothing, jewelry, crafts, Vietnamese coffee, and authentic dishes.
Days 4–5: Hoi An
After breakfast, the group boards a flight bound for Da Nang before transferring to Hoi An, further south. On a walking tour, you’ll visit the historic riverside port, which was founded in the 15th century. Another highlight: the circa-1690 Phuoc Kien Pagoda, an ornate temple dedicated to the goddess of the sea. Later, the group swings by a Vietnamese silk embroidery workshop; the following day, you can explore Hoi An independently.
Days 6–7: Hue
In the morning, travelers hop on a shuttle to Hue, a former capital of Vietnam from 1802 to 1945; the route passes through the Marble Mountains and alongside scenic Da Nang Bay. A guided tour takes the group through Hue’s Old Imperial City, which was modeled after Beijing’s Forbidden City and houses several temples and palaces. The Ngo Mon Gate, a stately entrance to the Hue Citadel, was reserved for the Emperor alone.
The next day is up to you: Recommended sights include the Tombs of the Emperors, a scattered collection of monuments dedicated to nine of the 13 rulers of the Nguyen Dynasty, and the Thien Mu Pagoda, a seven-story structure which dates back to 1601.
Days 8–12: Hanoi
After landing in Hanoi, the group travels through Vietnamese farmland en route to Halong Bay. You’ll float on a traditional wooden boat through the bay—speckled with more than 1,000 limestone islets—and stop by a cave to explore. If the weather’s nice, you can climb overboard and take a swim before the group heads back to Hanoi.
The following day, you’ll tour Hanoi and make stops at the Old Quarter and the Museum of Ethnology, a center that celebrates the cultural heritage of the 54 ethnic groups that call Vietnam home. Come nightfall, visitors are treated to a water puppet show on Hoan Kiem Lake that depicts Vietnamese folktales. On the final full day, you’re free to explore on your own before a farewell dinner and a return flight the next morning.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room.