Explore Lost Incan Cities, Lake Titicaca, and Lima
On this 10-day tour, you’ll get an up-close look at Peru’s most popular attractions, including Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, as well as the modern cities of Lima and Cusco. Most days are filled with planned activities, but some are set aside for you to discover Peru on your own. On these open days, you can take optional excursions for an extra fee; they’re bookable through Gate 1 Travel after purchase.
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami to Lima, including airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Flights between Lima and Cuzco and Juliaca and Lima
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Jose Antonio Lima
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at San Augustin Urubamba Hotel in Sacred Valley
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Jose Antonio Cuzco
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Hotel Royal Inn Puno
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- Nine breakfasts, two lunches, and three dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager and local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary<p>
Click here to view the full itinerary and optional tours.
Days 1–2: Arrival in Lima
- On a guided sightseeing tour of Peru’s capital city, you’ll see the San Francisco Monastery, known for its beautiful 17th-century architecture and library.
- During free time, you can sample ceviche in cafes or sidle up to a bar to enjoy a pisco sour, Peru’s national drink, made with lime juice, egg white, and angostura bitters.
- Optional excursions: dinner and a music and dance show ($45 per person) or a visit to the Museo Larco ($45 per person), home to an extensive exhibit of pre-Columbian art and artifacts<p>
Days 3–4: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- On the morning of Day 3, you’ll fly to Cusco and see the Urubamba Sacred Valley and its Chinchero Market, where women sell alpaca wool scarves, jewelry, and produce in the mountain air.
- Another trip highlight is Ollantaytambo, a city built into cliffs by the Inca in the 15th century. It has some of the oldest continuously occupied buildings in the Americas.
- Optional excursions: a six-hour Maras and Moray hike ($59 per person) or a traditional Peruvian dinner with a local family ($25 per person)<p>
Day 5: Machu Picchu
- Early in the morning, you’ll board an Expedition train for Machu Picchu and spend the afternoon exploring Peru’s lost city. With its high-quality ornamental stonework and 50 burial sites, Machu Picchu is believed to be a ceremonial center of some kind, but its exact purpose remains shrouded in mystery.
- In the evening, you’ll return by train and shuttle to Cusco.<p>
Day 6: Cusco
- On your free day, you can explore Cusco, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city. It has cobblestone streets, massive Inca-built walls, and many lavish churches.
- On Plaza de Armas, you can shop for handicrafts and textiles.
- Optional excursion: a half-day tour ($49 per person) visits an open-air produce market and a native Andean shaman<p>
Day 7: Raqchi and Puno
- A shuttle will take you through the Peruvian agricultural fields and Andes Mountain Range on a scenic drive to Puno, a city on the banks of the world’s highest navigable lake, Lake Titicaca, at 12,421 feet.
- En route to Puno, the group will stop at the ancient town of Raqchi, home to the Temple of Wiracocha. It was built for the god credited with keeping the nearby Quimsa Chata volcano in check.<p>
Day 8: Uros Islands and Lake Titicaca
- In the center of Lake Titicaca are the famed floating islands built by the Uros tribe using totora reeds. Many say that walking on the islands feels like walking on a waterbed.
- Optional excursion: a trip to Sillustani Tombs ($32 per person)—towering, cylinder-shaped stone tombs that predate the Inca<p>
Days 9–10: Lima and Departure for Miami
- Say farewell to Puno on Day 9 and depart for Lima. You’ll have one night here to celebrate with dinner at a local restaurant with your travel companions and tour manager. On the following day, you’ll depart for Miami.<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? This deal is only available from Miami.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is based on set airfares that cannot be altered.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers will need to purchase a Groupon.
95% of 257 customers recommend
“Everything, the price is is very good including airfare and hotels so I love everything about this deal ”
“I've never been to Europe so I was looking for a complete tour at a good price”
“It was great...learn so much about the country.Our needs were all taken care of and was such a hussle free vacation.”