Two-City China Vacation with Airfare - Beijing and Shanghai
10-Day Vacation with Round-Trip Airfare from JFK, Accommodations, and Daily Breakfast. Price/person based on double occupancy.
Beijing and Shanghai Vacation
On this 10-day vacation from Gate 1 Travel, you'll have accommodations in the center of Beijing and Shanghai, making it easy to explore both cities. You can use taxis to get around, or hop on the well-developed (and inexpensive) subway systems that run to all of Beijing and Shanghai's major attractions.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK
- One-way flight from Beijing to Shanghai
- Five-night stay at Xizhao Temple Hotel in Beijing
- Three-night stay at The Bund Riverside Hotel in Shanghai
- Daily breakfast
- All transfers
Click here to see full itinerary.
Day 1: En route from New York
Flight time: approximately 14 hours
Days 2–6: Beijing
Beijing's imperial past is ever-present: you can hardly walk a block without seeing ornate temples, ancient alleyways lined with shops and tea houses (called hútòng), and open-air markets that have been around for centuries. At the city center stands the Forbidden City, which served as a royal residence to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties. And of course, there's the Great Wall, which winds its way across the northern part of Beijing.
Nearby must-see: Temple of Heaven, a 10-minute taxi ride from your hotel
Optional tour: see the Great Wall and Ming Dynasty Tombs with lunch (8.5 hours; $57 per person) or enjoy a Peking duck dinner (3.5 hours; $32 per person)
Hotel highlights: two restaurants, a tea house, a bar, and a garden where you can practice yoga, t'ai chi, and meditation
Days 7–9: Shanghai
Shiny and new is the theme in downtown Shanghai. The city harbors hundreds of soaring skyscrapers, including the world's second-tallest building, the Shanghai World Financial Center, at 1,600 feet. Nicknamed the bottle opener because of a rectangular opening at the top, the building towers over the Pudong district and exemplifies the hyper-modernity of Shanghai. In its midst, though, there's quite a bit of history. The Bund, once a major financial district in the early 20th century, is lined with Gothic, Baroque, and Classical buildings.
Flight time from Beijing: approximately 2 hours
Nearby must-see: the Shanghai World Financial Center lies just across the river from your hotel and has three lofty observation decks.
Optional tours: acrobatics show with dinner (3.5 hours; $29 per person) and a full-day tour of a nearby water town, Suzhou, with lunch (9.5 hours; $47 per person)
Hotel highlights: lobby coffee bar, full-service spa, and a top-floor restaurant with stunning views of the city
Day 10: En route to New York
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
This package is based on pre-confirmed flights via Air China, and may only be purchased with these flights.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Due to the set airfare, we are unable to extend your trip before or after the promotional dates.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Please call Gate 1 Travel at 800-682-3333 for child rates.
What You Get
- Starting at $999, 10-day/8-night Beijing and Shanghai vacation with round-trip airfare from JFK
- 11 options available, including departures in November 2013 and January, February, and March 2014
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person and valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay an additional $150 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 9/17/13
- Cancellation policy & fees: Airfare non-refundable once booked. $200/person fee to cancel. 46-day notice or fee of 1/2 Groupon price; 31-day notice or fee of 90% Groupon price; 2-day notice or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare priced per person and based on double occupancy
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 9/17/13 or promo value expires
- Valid only for departure date purchased
- 2/person, +2 as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability; trip may be cancelled w/refund if not enough Groupons are bought for that date
- Alternate dates or gateways may be available for additional fee
- Airfare non-refundable once booked
- $200/person fee to cancel
- 46-day notice or fee of 1/2 Groupon price; 31-day notice or fee of 90% Groupon price; 2-day notice or fee up to Groupon price
- 18+ to check in
- Visas required for US citizens
- Credit card required at booking
- $150 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.