Guided Tour of Ecuador and the Amazon Rainforest
This eight-day tour has an active schedule packed with rainforest hikes, canoeing and rafting trips, and early starts.
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA)
- Two nights at Hotel Quito or Hilton Colon Quito
- One night at Cabanas del Lago or Hacienda Cusin in Otavalo
- One night at Termas de Papallacta
- Two nights at Casa del Suizo in the Amazon
- One night at Hacienda Manteles in Patate
- Seven breakfasts, three lunches, and four dinners
- All transportation and hotel porterage fees
- Sightseeing per itinerary in an air-conditioned motor coach
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Services of English-speaking guides
Days 1–2: Quito
On your first afternoon in Quito, the country’s capital, you’ll have some free time to explore the city at your own pace. The next day, you’ll join the tour group to visit the cobblestoned streets of Quito’s 16th-century colonial district, as well as the Middle of the World Monument.
Fun fact: The Middle of the World Monument sits right along the equator, so you can stand with one foot in the Northern and one foot in the Southern Hemisphere. Included meals: Breakfast and dinner are included on Day 2
Day 3: Otavalo
Otavalo has one of the largest open-air markets in South America, where you can purchase local produce, jewelry, and hand-woven clothing and rugs. In the evening, you’ll head to nearby Papallacta; it’s worth it to spend a few hours in the town’s famous hot springs.
Optional activity: You can book a spa package at your hotel that includes 30 minutes in a thermal pool, 20 minutes in a mineral-infused steam cave, and a 30-minute massage ($45 per person). Included meals: Breakfast
Days 4–5: Amazon Rainforest
The Amazon harbors 10% of the world’s known species. From your secluded rainforest lodge—which is accessible by canoe—be sure to keep an eye out for colorful macaws. On the morning of the fifth day, you’ll take a two-hour hike to the Napo River that culminates in a ride on a traditional balsa-log raft.
Bird’s-eye view: You’ll take a short zipline ride along the treetops during the Napo River hike. Included meals: Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 6: Baños and Patate
Vegetable ivory—jewelry and figurines carved from palm nuts—is a traditional craft work in Baños; you’ll get to see how the pieces are made before making your way to Patate. Along the way, you’ll take a vigorous hike to a stunning waterfall: “The Devil’s Cauldron.”
Height of the falls: 600 feet Included meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Days 7–8: Cotopaxi National Park
One of the most impressive sights in Cotopaxi National Park is the snow-capped Cotopaxi Volcano, one of the highest-altitude volcanoes in the world. There’s plenty of wildlife and tropical foliage to be found, too, on a one-hour hike around Limpiapungo Lake.
Local wildlife: Wild horses, llamas, and rarely-seen Andean Condors Included meals: Daily breakfast
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay before or after the promotional dates.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room. Triples are available on this tour.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.