8-Day Vacation in Rome, Paris, and London
This 8-day trip brings you to three of the world's most famous cities: Rome, Paris, and London. With no set itinerary and 2 nights in each locale, you're free to take in the museums, landmarks, ruins, and restaurants at your own pace.
The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York
- Flight from Rome to Paris
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 2 nights of hotel accommodations in Rome, Paris, and London
- Rail transportation between Paris and London
- Daily breakfast
Rome has been dubbed the Eternal City for its many historical and cultural attractions, from Renaissance paintings at the Vatican to the ancient columned Pantheon.
- Iconic attraction: Nearly 2,000 years old, the Colosseum was the site of gladiator battles during the height of the Roman Empire.
- Sacred site: The Vatican, designated a city-state, is considered the smallest country in the world. It's home to St. Peter's Basilica, an enormous collection of religious artwork, and the Sistine Chapel.
- Must-do experience: Throw a coin into Trevi Fountain, which features intricate travertine stone reliefs of Poseidon's chariot. Legend has it the coin toss will ensure your return to Rome.
After all these years, the City of Lights still sets the pace when it comes to fashion, art, food, and romance. Some of the best-known attractions, including the Louvre and Notre-Dame, line the Seine, which cuts the city in half.
- Iconic attraction: When the Eiffel Tower was erected in the 1880s, skeptics called it the "world's greatest lamppost." But by now, it's been the site of countless movie scenes and marriage proposals. It looks best after dark, when hundreds of lights illuminate the tower.
- Arts and architecture: Visit the Seine's Left Bank to see Gothic gargoyles, bell towers, and elaborate stained-glass windows at Notre-Dame Cathedral. Just up the river, the Musee d'Orsay showcases Impressionist masterpieces by Manet, Degas, and Renoir.
- Must-do experience: Stroll along the Champs-Elysees and climb the Arc de Triomphe for a view that's even better than the one atop the Eiffel Tower.
Famous landmarks in England's 2,000-year-old capital city along the Thames include Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. After a day of sightseeing, check out the theaters of the West End and the dazzling billboards in Piccadilly Circus.
- Iconic attraction: St. Paul's Cathedral was completed in the early 18th century and has been London's crowning architectural achievement ever since. Frommer's calls it the "defining landmark of the city skyline."
- Out of the ordinary: Pollock's Toy Museum houses a quirky collection of wax figurines, early teddy bears, puppets, and mechanical toys from the Victorian age.
- Must-do experience: Ride the London Eye, a massive observation wheel that affords overhead views of the city from inside a glass pod.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Gate 1 Travel is unable to accommodate extensions for this deal.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares at 1-800-682-3333.