Explore the Capitals of Italy and France
With this eight-day vacation, you'll travel Europe's original sister cities, Paris and Rome. You'll be your own guide for this journey, which allows you to wander the cobblestone streets of Paris and Rome at your own pace. This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from NYC
- Flight from Paris to Rome
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the 4-star Courtyard by Marriott Paris Arcueil
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Hotel Porta Maggiore in Rome
- Daily breakfast
Start your journey in Paris, where you'll spend three nights in one of the world's most romantic cities. From your hotel, you'll have easy access to the Left Bank's cafes and bookstores, as well as its world-famous tourist attractions.
- Arts and culture: Housed in an old train station, the Musee d'Orsay is best known for its unparalleled collection of impressionist works by Monet, Renoir, Manet, and other 19th-century artists.
- Iconic architecture: The Eiffel Tower was dismissed by some critics as a "truly tragic street lamp" when it was built the late 19th century. Millions of annual visitors from all over the world would beg to differ. It's especially beautiful at night, when it twinkles with 20,000 lights.
- Eat like a local: Stop at any of the sidewalk pastry vendors to try buttery croissants filled with chocolate, handmade crepes, tarts, and more.
- If you have time: See Mona Lisa at The Louvre, tour the Notre-Dame Cathedral, and climb to the top of the Montmarte neighborhood for some of the city's best views.
For the next three nights, you'll be stationed in Rome amid a well-spring of history and culture. View the ruins of the grand columns and amphitheaters built by the likes of Emperors Hadrian and Trajan, or climb up to the Piazzale Garibaldi for sweeping views of the entire city.
- The Colosseum: One of the Roman Empire's great triumphs, this iconic amphitheater—the world's largest—has stood since 80 AD. Stand in its center and imagine tens of thousands of spectators filling the ancient stadium.
- Roman Forum: The heart of ancient Rome is this public square, full of statues and monuments, including the ruins of nine temples.
- St. Peter's Basilica: Visit the intricate church in Vatican City, home to Michelangelo's Pietà statue. While in Vatican City, you can walk over to the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo's gorgeous frescoes.
- Toss a coin into Trevi Fountain to guarantee you'll visit the city again; the fountain looks ethereal by moonlight.
- If you have time: Explore The Pantheon—an ancient temple in excellent condition—or take in the Renaissance-era paintings and statues at Galleria Borghese.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Children 12 and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares 1-(800)-682-3333.