8-Day Spain Vacation
You'll have plenty of time to explore two of Spain's most exciting cities—Barcelona and Madrid—during this 8-day vacation from Gate 1 Travel. An open agenda, centrally located hotels, and optional tours make it easy to take in as much culture and as many tapas as you want. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Airfare from Barcelona to Madrid
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 3-night stay at Hotel Catalonia Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
- 3-night stay at Hotel Novotel Madrid Puente De La Paz in Madrid
- Daily breakfast
Barcelona sits along the Mediterranean Sea in the autonomous region of Catalonia, located northeast of Madrid. You'll spend 3 nights in this hip and quirky city, enjoying its unique architecture and lively nightlife. Take a stroll down La Rambla, a central tree-lined thoroughfare, for top-notch people-watching at all hours of the day. Then head into the Gothic Quarter for live music and trendy bars. Cap off your visit with a trip to one of the city's beaches.
- Witness history in the making at La Sagrada Familia, a whimsical Antoni Gaudi-designed cathedral that has slowly taken shape over 130 years. It's estimated to be finished at last by 2026.
- Bring your camera to Parc Guell, a fantastical garden—another Gaudi creation—filled with colorful mosaics.
- Blend in by cheering on Lionel Messi and Futbol Club Barcelona at a local bar. The team's colors are scarlet and blue.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Chocolate Museum, where intricate artwork is carved entirely from blocks of cocoa. Admission tickets are made of—what else—a square of chocolate.
Spain's capital and largest city sits smack dab in the center of the country. The sophisticated metropolis is renowned for its world-class art museums, parks, and open-air plazas. You can even catch a traditional bullfight at the Plaza Toros Ventas.
- Spend a lazy afternoon amid the fountains and gardens of Retiro Park.
- The Spanish answer to the Louvre: the Prado museum, which houses a trove of masterpieces, including work from Spanish artists El Greco, Velázquez, and Goya.
- A taste of royalty: Tour the stately Royal Palace of Madrid.
- Shop 'til you drop at El Rastro, an open-air flea market open Sunday mornings.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn't included in the deal options?
Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children 12 and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares 1 (800)-682-3333. Triples are not available for this feature, however a child can stay in the room with two adults.