Six-City Tour of Spain
This 11-day tour whisks you through six Spanish cities— Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona—with a guided sightseeing tour in each and four-star hotel accommodations. You’ll also have some downtime to explore on your own.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK, LGA, or EWR
- Two-night stay at Catalonia Atocha, Vincci Capitol, Melia Galgos Hotel in Madrid
- One-night stay at Cordoba Center or AC Cordoba Palacio Hotel in Cordoba
- Two-night stay at Melia Lebreros, Seville Center, or Hesperia Sevilla Hotel in Seville
- One-night stay at Granada Center, Carmen Hotel, Abba Granada Hotel, or Saray Hotel in Granada
- One-night stay at Vincci Lys, Valencia Center, Abba Acteon, or Tryp Oceanic in Valencia
- Two-night stay at Barcelona Center, abba Balmoral Hotel, or Catalonia Plaza in Barcelona
- Daily breakfast and six dinners with wine
- Sightseeing tours in each city in an air-conditioned coach and entrance fees
- Services of local guides and an English-speaking tour manager
- Airport transfers and hotel porterage
Click here to see a full itinerary.
Day 1: En route to Spain
Days 2–3: Madrid
You’ll see Madrid’s most popular historic and cultural sites on a half-day city tour. Among the stops: the monument to Spanish author Cervantes in the Plaza de España, and the Prado Museum, which displays famous works of art by El Greco and Fra Angelico. You’ll also get a chance to explore Madrid on your own—two afternoons are dedicated to spending free time in the city.
Optional tour: 16th-century Royal Palace of Madrid (4-hour tour; $48 per person)
Meals included: welcome cocktail, welcome dinner with wine, and one breakfast
Days 4–5: Toledo sightseeing and Cordoba
Toledo is laden with museums, monuments, and historic churches, so naturally, it’s known as the “Museum City.” On a city tour you’ll check out a pair of churches, including St. Tome, which harbors a masterpiece by El Greco, before heading to Cordoba for the evening. In Cordoba—home of philosopher Moshe Ben Maimon, also known as Maimonides—you’ll visit a restored 14th-century synagogue.
Optional tour: a traditional Flamenco show (2-hour show; $55 per person)
Tour highlight: On the way to Cordoba you’ll pass through La Mancha, the fabled home of Don Quixote.
Meals included: daily breakfast and dinner with wine
Day 6: Seville
A morning sightseeing tour takes you to the gothic Cathedral of Seville and the city’s old Jewish quarter. That afternoon, you can continue exploring the city on your own.
Meals included: breakfast
Day 7: Granada
Spend the day at Alhambra Palace, a Moorish fortress and castle adorned with intricate ceramic and plasterwork and wooden carvings. From the palace, you can get breathtaking views of the Granada and the Sierra Nevada mountains.
Meals included: breakfast and dinner with wine
Day 8: Valencia
You’ll pass by groves of olives, lemons, and oranges along the roads on the way to Valencia, a city in eastern Spain with a bustling port on the Mediterranean Sea. Today’s main attraction is the City of Arts and Science, an entertainment and cultural complex with an IMAX, interactive science museum, and the largest oceanographic aquarium in Europe.
Meals included: breakfast and one dinner with wine
Days 9–10: Barcelona
A scenic drive along the coast brings you into Barcelona, where you’ll visit the harbor and several historic plazas on an afternoon sightseeing tour. The tour ends with a stopover at the 1992 Olympic Stadium; you can spend the next day getting to know Barcelona at your leisure.
Meals included: daily breakfast and one dinner with wine
Day 11: En route to the US
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.**
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room. Triples are available on this tour.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.