7-City Tour of Turkey, from Istanbul to Troy
Included in this tour package:
- Round-trip airfare NYC-Istanbul
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Three nights standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Istanbul
- One-night standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Canakkale
- Two-night standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Kusadasi
- One-night standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Pamukkale
- One-night standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Konya
- Two-night standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Cappadocia
- One-night standard accommodations at first-class hotel in Ankara
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 20 meals: 11 breakfasts, 9 dinners
- Sightseeing, per itinerary, in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Days 1–3: Flight to Istanbul
After an overnight flight to Istanbul, you'll have some time on Day 2 to explore the city on the Bosphorus, where many say the West meets the East. On Day 3, take a half-day tour of Istanbul's most famous landmarks, including a stop at the Blue Mosque—a massive 17th-century mosque surrounded by six imposing minarets and lined with more than 10,000 azure tiles.
Next door to the Blue Bosque is the Hagia Sophia, considered one of world’s the most sacred sites. Constructed using marble columns and material from the fallen temples that preceded it, Hagia Sophia has served as an Orthodox basilica, a mosque, and finally a museum. On a tour, you’ll see the building’s dazzling gold mosaics and massive dome.
Optional tour: Half-day Istanbul tour with Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazar ($63–$69)
Days 4–6: Canakkale, Kusadasi
Take a ferry ride across the Dardanelles strait to the ruins of the ancient city of Troy. Legendary in Greek Mythology, the city is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site that draws a number of tourists.
The tour also spends an evening and a day in Kusadasi, rumored to be the birthplace of Homer, famed author of the _ Iliad_ and the Odyssey. The once-quiet village has become one of the Aegean Coast’s most-popular cruise spots. Here you can soak up rays on Ladies' Beach or dance into the wee hours at a late-night disco.
Optional tour: A full-day trip to the ancient city of Ephesus, where you can tour the House of the Virgin Mary ($69–$79)
Days 7–10: Pamukkale, Cappadocia
Upon first sight, it's easy to see how Pamukkale earned its name, which means "the cotton castle" in Turkish. The village's bright white calcite steppes have been formed by years of mineral deposits from a natural hot spring at the peak near the ancient spa city of Hierapolis.
The next stop is Cappadocia, which draws visitors for its visit for chimney-like rock formations that resemble the lunar surface.
Optional tours: Take a balloon ride ($215) for a bird's-eye view of Cappadocia’s otherworldly geography; watch the Mevlevi Order (a.k.a. the Whirling Dervishes) perform a traditional Sema Ritual dance ($39–$45); or take a full-day Cappadocia tour ($69).
Days 11–13: Ankara, Istanbul
Northwest of Cappadocia lies Ankara, Turkey's capital. At Ankara's Anatolian Civilizations Museum, you can see artifacts and earthenware from the Bronze era and the Ottoman Empire.
A final day of leisure in Istanbul gives you the chance to see anything you might have missed. Consider the Church of the Holy Saviour in Chora—best known for its Byzantine architecture.
Optional tour: Half-day Bosphorus cruise and a visit to the Spice Bazaar of Istanbul ($59)
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room, however there are limits as to how many people per room. Triples are available on this tour.