9-Day Vacation in the Greek Islands
During this 9-day vacation, you can take in the ancient landmarks, seaside windmills, and volcanic-sand beaches that characterize Athens and the islands surrounding mainland Greece. After 1 night in Athens, you’ll take a ferry to the picturesque island of Mykonos, where you’ll spend 3 nights before the trip comes to a close with 3 nights on the storied isle of Santorini. You’ll spend 1 more night in Athens before returning to the United States. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the four-star Polis Grand Hotel or similar in Athens
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Mykonos Beach Hotel or similar in Mykonos
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Maistros Village hotel or similar in Santorini
- Regular ferry from Athens to Mykonos and from Santorini to Athens in economy class
- Hydrofoil from Mykonos to Santorini in economy class
- Daily breakfast
Kick off your vacation in Athens, the longstanding capital of Greece and an epicenter for culture and ancient history. During your 2 nights in this vibrant city, you can browse art museums and historical sites, pick up souvenirs, and immerse yourself in the local culture at an open-air bazaar.
- The Parthenon: Perched high above the Acropolis since around 450 BC, this temple to the goddess Athena features striking Doric columns and intricate marble friezes.
- Acropolis Museum: The angular, modernistic building presents a contemporary counterpart to the aged Acropolis. The museum’s thousands of artifacts include a marble statue of Athena and a terra-cotta sculpture of Nike.
- Eat like a local at the Central Market, known to locals as varvakios agora. Here, you can nibble artisan cheeses and sample patsas, a popular soup made with lamb.
For all its beauty—including whitewashed villages, beachfront windmills, and cobblestone streets—Mykonos has still been best known for its legendary party scene ever since it became a jet-setting location for the rich and famous in the 1970s. You’ll have a chance to enjoy both sides of the island while you’re here.
- Aegean Maritime Museum celebrates the island’s close relationship with the sea through model ships, engraved nautical maps, and other artifacts.
- Panagia Paraportiani: This Byzantine church’s cluster of whitewashed stone façades helps it stand out amid the island’s hundreds of religious sites.
Santorini was named the world’s fourth-best island by Travel + Leisure readers in 2013, partly for its dramatic landscape of razor-thin red cliffs and black-sand beaches. The island owes much of its appearance to a volcanic eruption that took place more than 3,500 years ago, resulting in a crescent-shaped caldera.
- Red Beach: Black volcanic pebbles are scattered on the ruddy sands of this popular beach, which extends to towering red cliffs.
- Go scuba diving to explore Santorini’s underwater caldera close up.
- See ancient sculptures from the Hellenistic and Roman eras at the Archaeological Museum.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.