Three-City Italian Vacation
Venice, Florence, and Rome are on the itinerary for this 11-day trip from go-today. In each city, you'll stay in a centrally located hotel that's in close proximity to top attractions.
The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles
- 2 nights in Venice at Santa Chiara Hotel, Hotel Canaletto, Hotel Villa Rosa, or similar
- 3 nights in Florence at Hotel Meridiana, Hotel Athenaeum, Hotel Magenta, San Gallo Palace, Hotel Delle Nazioni, or similar
- 4 nights in Rome at Hotel Clodio, Hotel Albani Roma, or similar
- Daily breakfast
- Second-class train transportation from Venice to Florence and from Florence to Rome
- Shared Rome departure transfer
Day 1: En route to Venice
- Flight time: 9 hours from New York, 10 hours from Chicago, and 13 hours from Los Angeles
Days 2–3: Venice
Whether you take a waterbus, water taxi, or gondola, boating is without a doubt the best way to get around Venice. The city is built on a winding system of canals that flow alongside magnificent palaces, churches, and museums. Each of the hotels puts you within easy reach of the best that the city has to offer—Hotel Canaletto, for example, is a short walk from the Rialto Bridge. All hotels feature local design elements such as Murano glass chandeliers, wall fabrics, and parquet flooring.
Days 4–6: Florence
Florence is home to some of the most famous masterpieces of the Italian Renaissance, including works by Michelangelo, Botticelli, and Leonardo da Vinci. The Uffizi Gallery has a particularly impressive collection, and it's within a half-hour walk of each of the hotels (contact the front desk to secure museum tickets).
- Travel time on the train: 2 hours
- Must-see attraction: Michelangelo's David, housed in the Academia Gallery
Days 7–10: Rome
Founded in 753 B.C., Rome grew into one of the most powerful cities in European history. Visitors can still see the remains of ancient Rome at sites such as the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Set on opposite sides of the Tiber River, each of the hotels is located near a separate Roman landmark; Hotel Clodio is a few blocks from the Villa Borghese, while the more modern Hotel Albani Roma is a quick bus ride from Vatican City.
- Travel time on the train: 1.5 hours
- Must-see attraction: The Vatican Museums
Day 11: En route to U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.