See Historic Cities and Idyllic Countryside on Four-City Emerald Isle Vacation
During this 7-day vacation in Ireland, you’ll get an up-close view of the unspoiled countryside as you drive through rural farmland on your way to accommodations in four separate cities. Your hotel in each locale is conveniently located near popular sites and attractions.
The trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK, BOS, LAX, or ORD
- Manual-shift economy rental car
- 1 night at Aspect Hotel in Kilkenny
- 2 nights at International Hotel in Killarney
- 2 nights at Absolute Hotel in Limerick
- 1 night at Ballsbridge Hotel in Dublin
- Must-see attraction: Stunning Kilkenny Castle features stained glass windows and carved stone tombstones.
- Souvenir shopping: At Kilkenny Design Centre, you can stock up on artwork and collectible crafts such as wool blankets by John Hanly and Bunbury cutting boards.
- Within walking distance of Aspect Hotel: cathedrals, shops, and restaurants
- City showpiece: Killarney National Park, which boasts lakes, castle ruins, elaborate gardens, and Ireland’s tallest mountains; take a horse and buggy tour of the more remote areas
- Once-in-a-lifetime drive: The Ring of Kerry loops around the southwestern peninsula, revealing views of scenic beaches and ancient monuments.
- International Hotel highlight: Classic cuisine and mountain views at the onsite restaurant
- Must-see attraction: the 13th-century King John's Castle, overlooking the River Shannon
- Literary connections: A two-hour Angela's Ashes-themed walking tour includes stops at several places mentioned in Frank McCourt's memoir, including Windmiill Street, Leamy’s National School, and South’s pub.
- Absolute Hotel highlight: an onsite spa offering massages, facials, and body wraps
- Take a stroll: among classical buildings, gardens, and bell towers at Trinity College; onetime students include Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett
- Drink like a local: Choose from more than 100 whiskeys at Bowes Lounge or grab a cozy corner at John Kehoe’s.
- Ballsbridge Hotel highlight: guest rooms with contemporary furnishings and plush bedding
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.