Four-City Irish Castle Vacation with Airfare from Great Value Vacations - Ireland
8-Day Ireland Vacation with Round-Trip Airfare, Castle Hotel Accommodations, and Rental Car. Price/person based on double occupancy.
Stay in Castles and Drive Yourself Through the Irish Countryside
On this eight-day vacation from Great Value Vacations, you'll drive through Ireland's coastal regions, exploring traditional country villages at your leisure along the way. You'll stay in some of Europe's most striking castle estates, all of them 4- and 5-star accommodations.
The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), or Los Angeles (LAX)
- One night at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Dylan, County Meath
- Two nights at the Lough Eske Castle in Donegal, County Donegal
- Two nights at the Dromoland Castle Hotel in in Newmarket-on-Fergus, County Clare
- Two nights at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel in Killiney, County Dublin
- Manual-shift economy car rental
- Click here for the full itinerary.
Dunboyne Castle, County Meath
This luxury hotel is set on the original site of a 15th-century castle that was destroyed by Oliver Cromwell, the English military and political leader. Since its restoration in 2006, the present-day castle has added an organic spa and an award-winning restaurant.
- Must-see attraction: Frommers calls Newgrange, an ancient burial site built more than 5,000 years ago, “one of the archaeological wonders of Western Europe.” It consists of 20,000 stones, some of which weigh more than 16 tons each; each are adorned with diamonds and mysterious concentric circles.
- Village snapshot: County Meath, one of Ireland’s five ancient provinces, runs along the River Boyne about 30 miles north of Dublin. Its fertile countryside is dotted with grazing sheep and historical monuments commemorating several important battles.
- Hotel highlight: You can drink pints and dance to traditional Irish music at The Sadlier Bar
Lough Eske Castle, County Donegal
This 5-star hotel set in a restored Tudor castle sits on 24 woodland acres near the Blue Stack Mountains. The grounds are strewn with large bronze statues and towering water fountains, and there's a lake surrounded by walking paths.
- Must-see attraction: This coastal county in northwest Ireland is so remote that it can feel like its own country; to best experience this, it's worth it to take a stroll along the rugged sea cliffs, past icy streams and Gaelic villages.
- Local souvenir: Donegal has been producing hand-woven wool for more than two centuries. Around town, you’ll find hats, scarves, and blankets with a signature natty weave.
- Hotel highlight: Cedar Grill serves seafood from the local Killybegs fishing port, including oysters, scallops, and salmon.
Dromoland Castle Hotel, County Clare
Named one of the Top 100 hotels in the world by Fodors in 2012, this limestone hotel housed in an 18th-century castle was inspired by the Palace of Versailles. The gardens, too, are based on designs from Versailles landscape architect André Le Nôtre.
- Must-see attraction: Dysert O'Dea Castle and Archaeology Centre has 25 ancient field monument monuments, including two Romanesque churches and stone forts, all surrounding a 15th-century castle.
- See the legendary Cliffs of Moher: Less than an hour from the castle, the 700-foot sandstone cliffs stretch across nearly 5 miles and are home to more than 20 species of seabirds.
- Hotel highlight: The hotel’s championship golf course—designed by Irish legend J.B. Carr—winds among woodlands, bogs, and a lake, where guests can fish or boat.
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, County Dublin
Just south of Dublin, this 4-star hotel is housed in an 18th-century castle complete with turrets, towers, and a dungeon that’s now home to a fine-dining restaurant. The Victorian-style guest rooms feature oak furnishings and views of Dublin Bay.
- Must-see attraction: The Book of Kells, a 9th-century religious manuscript known for its extravagant illustrations, is on display at Trinity College Library (the largest library in Ireland).
- Grab a Guinness with the locals: The city has nearly 1,000 pubs; the famous dry stout beer has been brewed at St. James’s Gate Brewery since 1759.
- Hotel highlight: The 20-meter pool and Scandinavian wood sauna and steam room are good spots to relax after a day of sightseeing.
Top 5 FAQ’s
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.
What You Get
- Starting at $1,199, 8-day/7-night Ireland castle vacation with round-trip airfare
- Six options available, including departures in October, November, and December 2013, and January, February, March, and April 2014 from JFK, ORD, and LAX.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person and valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay an additional $500 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 9/13/13
- Cancellation policy & fees: Fee of Groupon price to cancel unless trip insurance is purchased
- Airfare priced per person and based on double occupancy
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare
- Manual shift economy car rental
- One night standard accommodations at Dunboyne Castle
- Two nights standard accommodations at Lough Eske Castle
- Two nights standard accommodations at Dromoland Castle
- Two nights standard accommodations at Fitzpatrick Castle
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 9/13/13 or promo value expires
- Valid for departure 10/1/13-10/31/13 and 3/1/14-4/30/14, or 11/1/13-2/28/14, depending on option purchased
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability; trip may be cancelled w/refund if not enough Groupons are bought for that date
- Alternate departure dates or gateways may be available for additional fee
- Fee of Groupon price to cancel unless trip insurance is purchased
- Must be 18+ to check in and 21+ to drive a car
- Mandatory car insurance is not included
- Credit card required at booking
- Tax included
- $500 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- By plane: includes round-trip airfare from New York (flight time is about 7 hours), Chicago (flight time is about 8 hours), or Los Angeles (flight time is about 14 hours)
- By car: includes one manual-shift rental car per pair
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.