8-Day Vacation in Madrid and Barcelona
All trips include:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), or Los Angeles (LAX)
- Three-nights standard accommodations at 4-star Hotel Tryp Atocha Madrid City
- Four-nights standard accommodations at 4-star Hotel Tryp Condal Mar Barcelona City
- Train from Madrid to Barcelona
- Daily breakfast
Click here to view the full itinerary.
As Spain's capital and largest city, Madrid sits smack dab in the center of the country—the city's Puerto del Sol is the center of the Spanish road system. The sophisticated metropolis is renowned throughout the continent for its art museums, landscaped parks, and sprawling open-air plazas. You can even catch a traditional bullfight at the Plaza Toros Ventas.
- Spend a lazy afternoon amid the fountains and gardens of Retiro Park, a massive urban park that was created for the royal family—now, it's open to the public
- Admire art at the Prado museum, the Spanish answer to the Louvre that is brimming with Spanish masterpieces, including work from El Greco, Velázquez, and Goya.
- Experience royalty on a tour of the stately Royal Palace of Madrid
- Shop 'til you drop at El Rastro, an open-air flea market open Sunday mornings; vendors sell clothing, antiques, jewelry, and more
Northeast of Madrid in the autonomous region of Catalonia, Barcelona hugs the Mediterranean Sea. This city is like the quirky and hip younger sister to Madrid. Take a stroll down La Rambla, a central tree-lined thoroughfare, for top-notch people-watching at all hours of the day, then head off into the Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter) for live music and trendy bars. Cap off your visit with a trip to one of the city's beaches. Near the sea, you can also tour some of the venues from the 1992 Summer Olympics.
- Witness history in the making at La Sagrada Familia, a whimsical Antoni Gaudi-designed cathedral that has slowly taken shape over 130 years; it's estimated to be finished by 2026
- Bring your camera to Parc Guell, a fantastical garden filled with colorful architecture covered in thousands of mosaic tiles. The park is another masterpiece from Antoni Gaudi.
- Blend in like a local by cheering on Lionel Messi and Futbol Club Barcelona at a local bar; the team's colors are scarlet and blue
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Chocolate Museum, where intricate artwork is carved entirely from blocks of cocoa. Admission tickets are made of—what else—a square of chocolate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2.Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3.How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4.What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5.Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.