Properties at a Glance: Green Mountain Vermont
Life in Vermont's Deerfield Valley moves at a leisurely pace. Its two main towns, Dover and Wilmington, are tucked into the Green Mountains. Though small, the cities are popular year-round destinations for weekenders from Boston and New York, as they're close to nature and miles of hiking trails. Green Mountain Vermont is made up of several lodges and inns scattered around the Deerfield Valley, each of which is decorated uniquely and features its own amenities.
- Adventure Challenge package: Your stay includes passes for a game that combines solving hidden clues with exploring the outdoors in pursuit of a cash prize.
- Historic buildings: Some of the properties are historic; for instance, the Deerfield Valley Inn was built in 1885 and has been lovingly restored for guests.
- Close to recreation: Most of the inns and lodges are within 45 minutes of Stratton, Magic Mountain, and Bromley ski areas, which offer summer activities such as gondola rides and zipline courses.
- Unique room features: Your property might include anything from fireplaces and charming sloped ceilings to antiques, rustic pine-knotted furnishings, or romantic floral decor.
- Outdoor activities include kayaking and hiking—networks of trails crisscross the area and the Green Mountain National Forest.
Highlights of Dover, Vermont
- Small rural town tucked in the Mount Snow Valley
- Mount Snow is one of the closest ski areas to New York and Boston. It boasts five mountain areas and the largest freestyle-terrain-park system in the East.
- When it’s warm: Hikers and mountain bikers can take advantage of more than 20 miles of trails. The mountain also has an 18-hole golf course and chairlift rides offering views of southern Vermont and New York State.