Hotel at a Glance: Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort sits on 34 acres of historic, flowering property in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains. Once a schoolhouse for the daughters of high society, the estate is today best known for its AAA Four Diamond Award–winning restaurant, The Grill, which serves contemporary cuisine with local ingredients—many plucked right from the hotel’s garden.
- Press shout-out: Wine Spectator has honored The Grill’s 10,000-bottle wine list with awards of excellence for 17 years running.
- Optional resort credit: Two of this getaway’s options include a $60 resort credit valid for use at The Grill, Terraza Garden Patio & Lounge, and the spa. All options come with a bottle of wine.
- Hot tip: The Grill’s Sunday brunch ranks among the best in town, with buffet-style omelets, waffles, and complimentary champagne and mimosas.
- In-room amenities: Spacious Hacienda rooms feature handcrafted furniture, flat-screen TVs, and views of the desert, garden, or city.
- Go swimming in the outdoor pool.
Tucson, Arizona: Southwestern History and Culture Amid the Cacti
Tucson—or the Old Pueblo—is a bastion of southwestern culture surrounded by mountains and desert. Over the city’s long history, it’s absorbed elements from the many peoples who have lived or passed through here: Native Americans, Europeans, Latinos, and Asians to name a few. Today, this unique blend is especially evident in the downtown restaurant scene, where you can get authentic chilies rellenos, sushi, and upscale bistro fare with fine wines from nearby vintners.
Those willing to make the short trip outside of downtown can soak up the area’s gorgeous natural landscape at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, a combined botanical garden and zoo located about 20 miles southwest of the hotel. Here, mountain lions, gila monsters, and more than 1,200 kinds of plants inhabit 21 acres of desert scenery.
Mission San Xavier del Bac, the “White Dove of the Desert,” is one of the oldest intact European structures in Arizona. This sprawling white adobe church, located about 10 miles south of downtown, was built in the 1700s. It’s a striking example of the area’s Spanish colonial architecture, with an interior adorned with frescoes and sculptures.
97% of 153 customers recommend
“Great ambiance, fantastic food, beutiful views, friendly service”
“personable, helpful staff and quality comfortable room”
“Beautiful surroundings and excellent staff”
5501 N Hacienda Del Sol Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718