Hidden Creek Cabins - Great Smoky Mountains, North Carolina
Two- or Three-Night Stay for Up to Four in a One- or Two-Bedroom Cabin. Combine Up to Six Nights.
Rustic Log Cabins Set in Majestic Mountainside
At Hidden Creek Cabins, tucked into the Smoky Mountains, the crackle of a campfire and hearty laughter often punctuate quiet nights. It’s appropriate, then, that on the porch of one of the rustic log cottages, a carved wooden sign reads, "Here Let the Fires of Friendship Burn." Other thoughtful accents—from hand-stitched quilts to decorative cast-iron cookware—are sprinkled throughout the homey accommodations. Forest views and all-wood furnishing are staples of each Hidden Creek cabin, but locations vary from hilltop sites with expansive Smoky Mountain vistas to quiet, creek-side digs. A roomy hot tub on the deck at Maggie's cabin offers a balmy counterpoint to the crisp creek waters running their course a scented candle's throw away. While the hot tub at Pop's Cottage heats up and burgers sizzle on the gas grill, take to the hammock or swinging love seat to watch the sun dip behind the Smokies. The similarly sited Skytop cabin overlooks an indigo ridgeline and thousands of acres of protected forest. Rocking chairs share patio space with a charcoal grill and hot tub, and high-backed adirondacks surround a campfire site below.
Bryson City, North Carolina: Mountain Beauty and Outdoor Adventure
Set in the heart of North Carolina's Blue Ridge about an hour west of Asheville, the town of Bryson City lives up to its nickname as "Base Camp for the Great Smokies." The nearby Nantahala National Forest and Great Smoky Mountains National Park each provide endless year-round opportunities for hiking, biking, and stealing picnic baskets. Between November and early spring, Cataloochee Ski Area, a half hour northeast of Bryson City, opens its 14 slopes to the public. The Blue Ridge Parkway rewards drivers with stunning vistas free of charge, but many visitors are happy to pay for a half-day ride in a vintage train car on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad, which winds through 53 miles of pristine mountain country.
What You Get
Stay for four in a one- or two-bedroom cabin
- $149 for a two-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a $350 value)
- $189 for a two-night stay, valid for check-in Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (up to a $362 value)
- $179 for a three-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a $450 value)
- $297 for a three-night stay, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday (up to a $525 value)
Book by: 1/25/13Travel by: 3/30/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Full kitchens
- Campfire pits
- Porches and rocking chairs
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 1/25/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 3/30/13
- Limit 2/person, may buy 2 more as gifts
- Limit 2/visit
- 30 day cancel notice or fee up to the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Valid only for option purchased
- CC required at booking & check-in
- Reservation req'd, subject to avail
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 10.75% tax and mandatory $45 cleaning fee not included
- Valid only for A-frame Chalet, Cottage, Farm House, Log, Maggie's, Lily Pad, Skytop, Pops Cottage, Bear Creek, Alarka Creek 1 and 2, and Alarka Hideaway cabins
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Consult Hidden Creek Cabins' index page for more info on the A-frame Chalet, Cottage, Farm House, Log, Maggie's, Lily Pad, Skytop, Pops Cottage, Bear Creek, Alarka Creek 1, Alarka Creek 2, and Alarka Hideaway cabins.
All Included Cabins:
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4 for Pops Cottage; 6 for Alarka Creek 1, Alarka Creek 2, Alarka Hideaway, and Bear Creek; 8 for A-frame Chalet, Cottage, Maggie's, and Lily Pad; 10 for Farm House and Skytop
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available, but extra bedding already in cabins
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: two dogs may be added for a nonrefundable fee of $50 per stay in select cabins only.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 69 miles from Asheville Regional Airport (AVL); about 83 miles from Knoxville McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)*By car: about 65 miles east of Asheville
The Groupon Guide to: Talking to an Old Friend
If you’re going to be out and about in this world, chances are that at some point you will run into an old friend you used to know from summer camp or summer juvenile detention. Here are some things you can say to spark conversation with this long-lost pal:
“Hi, I’ve missed you. Let’s see if our hands are still the perfect size for holding each other.”
“So, what have you been up to all these years? From the looks of things, you’ve been staying fit, active, and hungry for change.”
“Do you remember the pact we made to each other all those years ago? Was it that we would never grow up or never throw up? Because I’ve only been adhering to one of those.”
“Get out of my way. I’m very important now and I’m allowed to go right to the front of any buffet line.”
“I’m sorry that I stopped writing, but the only things I had to say to you were illegal to put in writing.”
“Do you recognize me? You do? Who am I? I had an accident and now I don’t remember anything about my former self. Was I kind and beautiful?”