Top Reasons to Visit High Point Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
- The hotel’s downtown High Point location puts it close to several Piedmont Triad attractions, including High Point University, the High Point Museum and Historical Park, and the Old Salem Museums & Gardens.
- The onsite restaurant, Bistro 135 South, serves breakfast and American cuisine for dinner daily and lunch Wednesday–Friday.
- Guest rooms are tastefully decorated with warm gold and blue tones. Some feature period furnishings, including four-poster beds.
- The hotel features a fitness room and an indoor pool for year-round recreation.
- Business travelers can take advantage of more than 12,000 square feet of meeting space, which includes a room with a sound system and an 8’x8’ screen.
Piedmont Triad Region, North Carolina: Furniture Hub near Historical Museums
For more than a century, High Point has been known for its makers of high-end furniture. The first shop opened in the late 19th century, and show rooms still line Main Street today, alongside boutiques and close to Victorian homes. You can delve deeper into the region's history at two of its oldest residences. Dating from 1786 and 1801, the houses contain the High Point Museum’s collection of historical rifles and antique Furby dolls. One of the exhibits here explores the region’s furniture-manufacturing legacy with photographs, antique machinery, and interactive displays; you can also get a glimpse into the past with living history demonstrations, which range from garden herb lore to a fully outfitted blacksmith shop.
Located in Greensboro, the International Civil Rights Center & Museum was built around the original Woolworth counter where students from North Carolina A&T famously protested segregation with a sit-in. In Winston-Salem, 20 miles northwest of High Point, the historical district of Old Salem brims with 18th-century Moravian buildings. Here, costumed interpreters from the Old Salem Museums & Gardens help kids write with quills or produce Scherenschnitte, intricately cut paper designs of German origin, on most Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
81% of 26 customers recommend
“High Point Plaza Hotel and breakfast staff went the extra mile to make our stay pleasant and assist us in finding local events and places to eat.”
“Service at breakfast could be a little better but overall a nice hotel!”
High Point Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
135 S Main St
High Point, NC 27260