Hilton near Philadelphia’s Historic Attractions
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City - Philadelphia
Luxurious Hotel with Views of Philadelphia Skyline
The Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City sits in downtown Philly, within walking distance of so many historic and family attractions that it might be difficult to decide what to visit first. Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was adopted, and the iconic Liberty Bell are about a mile east. To the west is the historic [Reading Terminal Market] and the family-friendly Philadelphia Zoo, which holds a special spot in American history—it's believed to be the United States’ first zoo. After you tour the city, the Hilton's luxurious accommodations make for a relaxing place to unwind.
The guest rooms feel sophisticated due to their neutral tones and understated decor. All rooms are outfitted with Hilton's signature Garden Sleep System beds, which use built-in air pockets to help ensure comfortable sleep.
Wake up to a buffet breakfast of made-to-order omelets and fruit-topped waffles in the sunlit Tenth Floor Grill. Underneath a chandelier, the dining room features wide windows overlooking Philadelphia's towering skyline. The restaurant also serves upscale dinner entrees that range from half-pound burgers to seafood pasta dishes.
Philadelphia’s Center City: Historic Landmarks and Museums
The historic Center City neighborhood, also known as downtown Philadelphia, dates back to the city’s founding in 1682. Today, Center City is Philadelphia’s central business district, with several skyscrapers and high-profile museums. The neighborhood is also home to Independence National Historical Park, whose high concentration of notable landmarks make it America’s most historic square mile. While you’re here, visit Independence Hall⎯birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution⎯or head to the Liberty Bell Center to see the approximately 2,000-pound bell that Martha Washington famously rang to let George know when supper was ready. At the north end of the park, the National Constitution Center features a multimedia presentation on the country’s founding displayed on a 360-degree domed ceiling, as well as galleries of artifacts, including a rare copy of the Emancipation Proclamation.
The shops of Historic Antique Row are less than a mile from here. The small, locally owned shops stock everything from oriental rugs to vintage clothing. Head about 15 minutes northwest to scale the famous steps outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where Rocky Balboa once pumped his fists victoriously. Inside, the massive museum’s holdings range from ancient Chinese art to famous paintings from Claude Monet, Salvador Dalí, and Vincent van Gogh.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Onsite restaurant
- Indoor pool and hot tub
- Fitness center
- Complimentary wireless Internet
- Dinner room service available
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- 15.2% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; guests 11 or younger stay free
Included in all rooms
- 32-inch flat-screen TV
- Mini-microwave and fridge
- Complimentary WiFi
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: self-parking available for an additional $36 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: call hotel directly to request handicap-accessible rooms prior to check-in; subject to availability.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 11 miles from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- By transit: Market East stop via SEPTA
- By cab: about $30 from PHL
The Groupon Guide to: DVD Commentary Reveals
DVD commentaries can be fonts of behind-the-scenes trivia about all your favorite flicks. What are some secrets we learned from watching the special features?
- Only half the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were real dinosaurs.
- Robert De Niro is a joy to work with, really gets to know everyone on set.
- The reason there are so many Batman movies is because the mask lets producers cast interchangeable nonunion stuntmen that are cheap and easy to knock around.
- Marty Scorsese is a joy to work with, takes time to get to know people.
- The special effects in Toy Story were done with computers.
- Claymation skeletons are a joy to work with, spend a lot of time sword fighting folks during breaks.
- Star Wars is based on a true trilogy.