Villas Playa Samara - Costa Rica
Four- or Seven-Night Stay for Two with Resort Credit, Kayak Tour, and Welcome Drinks. Combine Up to 14 Nights.
Beachside Retreat Surrounded by Rainforest
Unlike waves at most beaches on the northern coast of Costa Rica, the waves that roll into the horseshoe-shaped bay near Playa Samara are relatively calm and easily navigable. Guests of the waterfront Villas Playa Samara take advantage of this phenomenon on kayaking tours—one of many activities available onsite—that send paddlers skimming over the ocean, just a few feet above colorful coral reefs. Located far from urban bustle and surrounded by 200 acres of tropical jungle, the resort makes a relaxing home base for adventures by land or sea.
Hotel Villas Playa Samara resembles a Spanish-style village with its white stucco walls, red tile roofs, and wild herds of matadors roaming the grounds. Deluxe garden-view rooms, which lie only steps from the beach, come furnished with a private terrace. The onsite Arrecife Restaurante offers inviting island views on its patio, where diners can sample international cuisine and traditional Costa Rican breakfasts consisting of gallo pinto, maple ham, and fiambres.
Samara Beach, Costa Rica: Coral Reefs and Rainforest Adventure
Villas Playa Samara makes it easy to book an array of outdoor adventures in the rainforest or on the crescent-shaped beach. A nearly three-hour kayak trip, included with this Getaway, features a guided sojourn to Isla Chora—a secluded island with shores composed of pink and white sand. Snorkeling through the crystal-clear waters along the bay provides an up-close look at tropical marine life such as hermit crabs.
Mountain-biking and ziplining tours take explorers deep into the jungle. A float down one of the rainforest’s rivers may supply glimpses of howler monkeys and iguanas. Anglers can take to the Pacific on sport-fishing charters, which steer to big-game fishing spots. Even novices stand a fair chance of hooking tuna and mahi-mahi or wrestling with a trophy-size plankton in the boat's fighting chair.
What You Get
Stay for two in a deluxe garden-view room
- $449 for four nights (up to a $904 value)
- $709 for seven nights (up to a $1,426 value)
Included in both options:
- Kayak tour for two to Isla Chora
- Daily breakfast for two
- Two welcome cocktails
- $100 resort credit valid for food, beverages, and on-site activities
Book by: 3/22/13
Travel by: 8/31/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Outdoor pool and wet bar
- Restaurant with outdoor dining
- Onsite gym
- Beachside spa services
- Mini market
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 3/22/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 8/31/13
- Not valid 3/24-3/31, 4/20-4/28, or 5/7-5/12
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 30-day cancellation notice required or fee up to 1/2 Groupon price applies
- 7-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in & consume alcohol
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 13% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2 in king rooms; 4 in queen rooms
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 2 or older; no charge for guests under 2
- Garden-view patio
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for guests under 2
- Smoking policy: smoking rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 43 miles (70 km) from Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR)
- By car: about 52 miles (83 km) south of Liberia, Costa Rica
- By shuttle: $125 for a one-way trip from LIR for up to four people
- A passport is required for all travel outside the United States.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
The Groupon Guide to: Spicing Up a Monologue
Monologues are the most boring part of plays since they only involve a single performer and that single performer is never an adorable baby actor. To make these seemingly unending passages more interesting, follow these helpful tips:
Do something interesting with your voice. You could give your character an accent or, if you can't do a convincing accent, just yell the entire time.
Cut out all the unnecessary words, such as articles and any full sentences that don't foreshadow how the main character is a group of children hiding inside a man's suit.
Wear a funky hat or rad loafers. That'll give the audience something to look at!
Perform it with multiple people and tell the director you're going to start calling it a fun-o-logue.
Start at the end of the monologue and work backward. Then when you finish, tell the audience that they just got Pranked'd™. (If you're interested in buying the rights to use the name Pranked'd™, probably for a hilarious hidden-camera goof show, please contact Groupon for more information.)