Top Reasons to Visit Inn at Deep Canyon
- The hotel is within walking distance of El Paseo, a mile-long shopping district fronted by sidewalk cafés, restaurants, and more than 250 retailers.
- A complimentary breakfast is served each morning in the hospitality room. Entrees may include waffles and breakfast burritos.
- Most of the hotel’s 32 guest rooms have pool or garden views, and all have refrigerators and microwaves.
- Located just off the interstate, Inn at Deep Canyon is easily accessible from Los Angeles and other major Southern California cities.
- Spa services are available at the hotel.
Palm Desert, California: Shopping and Wildlife in Scenic Coachella Valley
Palm Desert shares the desert landscape and resort atmosphere of Palm Springs, about 20 miles to the northeast. It's worth it to visit Palm Desert's El Paseo, known as the Rodeo Drive of the desert for its art galleries, high-end boutiques, and brand-name retailers such as Gucci, Ralph Lauren, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Palm Desert is also a gateway town to the more than 750,000-acre Joshua Tree National Park, located less than 60 miles away. In addition to being the birthplace of Bono, the desert park is famous for its unusual geologic formations and mountains of twisted rock, ideal for rock climbing. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife including desert bighorn sheep, golden eagles, and coyotes.
For a guaranteed glimpse of wildlife, check out The Living Desert, a zoo, botanical garden, and animal hospital in Palm Desert. As you stroll throughout the various geographical regions—including North America and Africa's Village WaTuTu—you will see flora and fauna indigenous to that area, which can include Mexican gray wolves, giraffes, or jaguars. The Living Desert also boasts a G-scale model train that winds its way through replicas of historical scenes, including a California mining and logging town and the Grand Canyon.