9-Day Costa Rican Vacation - Arenal Volcano & Manuel Antonio
9-Day Vacation with Rental Car, Airfare, and Accommodations from TravelByJen.com. Price/person based on double occupancy.
See Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio National Park, and Poas Volcano on Self-Guided Costa Rican Vacation
With this 9-day, 8-night vacation from TravelByJen.com, you’ll explore Costa Rica's spectacular landscape via rental car. The trip includes accommodations near three different attractions—Arenal Volcano, Manuel Antonio, and the Poas Volcano.
This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Manual-transmission car rental
- 3 nights of standard accommodations in Arenal at Montana De Fuego
- 3 nights of standard accommodations in Manuel Antonio at Casitas Eclipse
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Poas Volcano Lodge
- Free access to onsite hot springs
- Daily breakfast
- Choice of canopy tour with rappel or tubing in the river
Until very recently, Arenal was Costa Rica’s most active volcano. It’s dormant now, but the surrounding region is no less stunning, with hiking trails, fertile rainforests, whitewater rapids for kayaking, and a lake that's perfect for watersports.
- Canopy tour or river tubing: You can partake in one of these adventures as part of the Getaways package; all the action takes place at Go Adventure Park in Arenal National Park, which also offers horseback riding, helicopter tours, and hiking.
- Jungle residents: include monkeys, sloths, and tropical birds. You can see them all during a hike through the tropical habitats surrounding your hotel.
- Splash around in a swimming hole: at the nearly 200-foot La Fortuna Waterfall
Accommodations: Many rooms inside the Fodor's-recommended Montana De Fuego hotel look out onto the Arenal Volcano. Your stay here includes access to the onsite hot springs, and there's also a spa where you can get a mud body wrap or an oxygen facial treatment.
This resort area located on Costa Rica's Pacific coast centers on Manuel Antonio National Park, which Forbes named among the world's 12 most beautiful national parks in 2011. Though it's the smallest of the country's national parks, its landscape encompasses rocky Pacific coves, deep green hills, and dense rainforest jungles.
- Playa Manuel Antonio: This beach is an enchanting snorkeling spot with coral reefs, secluded coves, and ancient turtle traps; you can reach the beach via a hike through the rainforest
- Catch live music in downtown Quepos, one of the area's hippest nightlife spots; during the day, vendors here sell local delicacies and handmade wares.
- Bird-watching: is one of the most popular activities here, and you can see parrots, migrant warblers, and up to 15 kinds of hummingbirds during a hike through the mangroves or a flying boat tour.
Accommodations: Casitas Eclipse hotel in Quepos sits on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The El Gato Negro restaurant and bar serves homemade pastas and craft cocktails, and you'll find three swimming pools scattered throughout the property. It's only a few miles away from Manuel Antonio.
Located in Poas Volcano National Park in the Alajuela Province, Poas Volcano is one of Costa Rica’s five active volcanoes. In the center is an acid crater lake bubbling with smoke fumaroles and hot lava, all surrounded by the blue-green colored Botos Lake.
- Best volcano views: Hike up to the summit in the early morning before the clouds start moving in.
- Pack your camera: Here, visitors can still see geysers explode into the air up to 820 ft (250 m) high
- Visitor-friendly perks: Paved roads and a wheelchair accessible visitor's center make Poas Volcano National Park one of the most developed parks in the country
Accommodations: The newly renovated Poas Volcano Lodge is a "hyper-modern" 11-unit property built primarily of stone and wood. It sits on the edge of the cloud forest, with spectacular views of the volcano and the northern Caribbean Plains.
What You Get
- Starting at $699 per person, 9-day-8-night Costa Rican vacation with airfare
- 18 options available, including departures in January, February, and March 2014 from FLL.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person and valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay an additional $299 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 11/15/13
- Blackout dates: Not valid 2/12/14-2/21/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: 46-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare non-refundable once ticketed.
- Taxes: $27/person airport departure tax not included; other taxes included
- Airfare priced per person and based on double occupancy
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 11/15/13 or promo value expires
- Not valid 2/12-2/21/14
- 1/person, +5 as gifts
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for add'l fee
- 46-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare non-refundable once ticketed
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Mandatory car insurance (approx $25/day) not included with car rental; security deposit of up to $1,000 held on credit card
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and gov't taxes & fees
- $27/person airport departure tax not included
- $299 solo travel fee.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- By plane: includes round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- A passport is required for all travel outside the United States.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.