Top Reasons to Stay at Kavanaugh’s Sylvan Lake Resort
- It’s located on the shores of Upper Sylvan Lake, where you’ll have access to a variety of outdoor activities, including kayaking, sailing, and fishing.
- You can hike or bike the resort's nature trails or hit up the nearby Paul Bunyan Trail, one of the longest continuously paved paths in the United States.
- Two sandy beaches are located on the grounds.
- The resort’s recreation complex includes an indoor pool and spa, fitness room, and game room.
- A gas fireplace comes standard in every room.
- Maples, Views, Cedarwoods, and Woods units all have lakeside decks.
- Other activities nearby: golfing and horseback riding
Brainerd Lakes Area, Minnesota: Outdoor Haven with More Than 500 Lakes and Wooded Hiking Trails
More than 500 lakes and rivers make up the Brainerd Lakes area in northeastern Minnesota. The forested region is just a two-hour drive from the Twin Cities, making it a popular retreat for city dwellers. The most popular hike is the Paul Bunyan Trail, a paved, 110-mile path named after the legendary lumberjack, whom Brainerd claims as a native son. You can see the world’s largest statue of Bunyan just a few miles east of town.
Naturally, the Brainerd Lakes area is a popular spot for watersports, such as boating, diving, jet skiing, kayaking, paddleboarding, and fishing. There are a number of expert guides in the area who can show you the best ways to reel in the region’s bass and muskie. The walleye fishing here is particularly good.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.