Eight-Day Greek Vacation in Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago (ORD), and Washington D.C. (IAD)
- Two one-night stays at the Herodion Hotel or similar location in Athens
- A two-night stay at Myconian K Hotels or similar location in Mykonos
- A two-night stay at Amerisa Suites or similar location in Santorini
- Ferry transports between Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini
- Arrival transfer and transfer from port to hotel in Mykonos
- Click here to view the full itinerary.<p>
After an overnight flight from the U.S., you can explore Athens at your leisure, though Key Tours recommends that you reserve a spot in advance on a 24-hour hop-on, hop-off tour that makes stops at many of the city’s top attractions.
Perched high above the city, the Acropolis has been an emblem of Athens for thousands of years. The ancient monument features a collection of sacred temples and Doric limestone buildings adorned with altars and elaborate friezes. The most famous temple of them all, though, is the Parthenon, which was built for the goddess Athena in the fifth century BC.<p>
Accommodations: The Herodion Hotel features a roof garden with oversize Jacuzzis, a cocktail lounge, and enchanting views of the Acropolis.<p>
- See gold masks, jewelry, and sculptures at the National Archeological Museum.
- A hidden gem: the Diomidis Botanical Garden bursts with more than 2,500 species of flora.<p>
The next leg of the trip brings you to Mykonos, one of the smaller Cyclades islands on the Aegean Sea. Mykonos became a popular getaway for jet setters when Jackie Onassis started vacationing here in the 1960s, and today it’s best known as Greece’s party island. Drinking and dancing starts on beaches with names like “Paradise” in the late morning, and revelers drink ouzo in booming nightclubs until sunrise. Take some time to appreciate the striking landscape, though: whitewashed villages cling to rugged cliffs, mazelike streets lead to sugar-sand beaches, and 16th-century windmills dot the waterfront.<p>
Accommodations: You’ll stay at one of the four 5-star hotels that make up the Myconian K Hotels. Centrally located, the properties feature multi-level swimming pools and gourmet Mediterranean dining.<p>
- Paraportiani, a 15th-century church, is one of the most-photographed sites on the island.
- The soft sands and calm waters of Ornos beach offer a quieter alternative to the party scene.<p>
On day 6, you’ll take a ferry from Mykonos to Santorini, which was named the fourth-best island in the world by Travel + Leisure magazine in 2013. Visitors get a dramatic introduction to its scenery when entering by boat: you’ll see blue-domed churches packed densely atop oceanfront hills, and striated red cliffs give way to black-sand beaches. In the middle of the island is a crescent-shaped caldera, the result of a major volcanic eruption that took place here nearly 4,000 years ago. Take a hike along the volcanic rim and you’ll get some of the best views of the surroundings.<p>
Accommodations: Amerisa Suites is an elegant boutique hotel located in Fira, the island’s capital city and the nucleus of its lively nightlife.<p>
- The tiny restaurants in Amoudi Bay, a rock cove on the other side of the island, serve up the best seafood on the island.
- Charter a catamaran to visit the still-active volcano on Nea Kameni and enjoy hiking, snorkeling, and floating in the caldera.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote that includes departures from airports not listed as part of this deal.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, any applicable supplements, based on this request, would be paid directly to Key Tours at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or email@example.com with all your availability questions.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Key Tours will suggest alternative travel dates or Groupon will process a refund for your voucher.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on child rates and reductions.