Explore Istanbul, Ancient Religious Sites, and Cappadocia’s Moon-Like Landscape
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK
- Deluxe and superior first class accommodations:
- 3-night stay at Crowne Plaza Istanbul Harbiye and Hilton Istanbul Bomonti
- 1-night stay at Kolin Hotel
- 2-night stay at Charisma Hotel in Kusadasi
- 1-night stay at Spa Hotel Colossae Thermal in Pamukkale
- 2-night stay at Crowne Plaza Antalya
- 1-night stay at Hilton Garden Inn Konya
- 2-night stay at Lykia Lodge Kapadokya in Cappadocia
- 1-night stay at Crowne Plaza Ankara
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- All arrival and departure transfers
- Breakfast daily, 11 dinners, and a local lunch on day 5
- Touring by deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach
- Professional tour director throughout the tours
We’ve listed some trip highlights below; click here to see a full itinerary.
Days 1–3: Istanbul
Istanbul was named one of the Top 25 Destinations in the World in 2013 by TripAdvisor for its mosques, bazaars, and Turkish baths. It’s a feast for the eyes: tens of thousands of shoppers haggle over textiles and fresh spices at the marketplace, and the Byzantine architecture dazzles with its mosaics and massive domes.
- See an 86-carat diamond at Topkapi Palace, widely considered the center of the Ottoman Empire. Its courtyards, such as the Courtyard of the Black Eunuchs, are adorned with rose gardens and reflecting pools.
- About 20,000 blue Iznik tiles decorate the interior domes of the Blue Mosque, whose six minarets were built between 1609–1616.
- Dining out: An optional dinner includes a traditional belly-dancing performance; for a spectacular view and an off-the-beaten-path experience, hit the heights of the rooftop restaurants of Beyoglu.
Days 4–6: Gallipoli Peninsula
Located four hours east of Istanbul, this region is home to First World War battlefields and memorials, all scattered along the banks of the Dardanelles Strait. The side set along the Aegean Sea, meanwhile, is crowned with jagged cliffs.
- See the ruins of Troy, including a replica of the wooden “Trojan Horse” that was immortalized in Homer’s Iliad
- The home of the Virgin Mary is said to reside in Ephesus, an archaeological site famous for its well-preserved temples and marble streets in the city of Kusadasi.
Days 7–9: Pamukkale and the Turkish Riviera
Therapeutic hot springs trickle through white rock terraces in Pamukkale. High atop these travertine formations stand the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, which legend says was founded by the Roman god Apollo.
- A stopover in Perge gives you the chance to see the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Visit Antalya on Turkey’s “Turquoise Coast': One of the country’s resort capitals, this area is lined with sparkling Mediterranean beaches and seafood restaurants
Days 10–12: Ancient Roman Theaters and Cratered Cappadocia
The New York Times calls Cappadocia “one of Europe’s most dramatic landscapes.” You’ll tour its expansive terrain, which has been likened to that of the moon for its deep craters and unusual rock formations.
- Tour an ancient 15,000-person Roman theater in the city Aspendos, one of the best-preserved on earth.
- The Mevlana Mausoleum in Konya is a sacred green-domed lodge adorned with silk carpets and gold; you can see you can see dervishes perform their traditional whirling dance here.
Days 13–15: Ankara
Finally, at Turkey's modern-day capital city, Ankara, you'll pay a visit to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Some of its archeological artifacts are up to 8,000 years old.
- See ancient cuneiform tablets, folk pottery, marble statues, and various Hittite objects at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations
- An optional cruise takes you along the Bosphorus, the waterway that separates Europe and Asia
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or email@example.com for a free quote that includes departures from airports not listed as part of this deal.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, any applicable supplements, based on this request, would be paid directly to Key Tours at the time of booking.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org with all your availability questions.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Key Tours will suggest alternative travel dates or Groupon will process a refund for your voucher.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or email@example.com for information on child rates and reductions.