Hotel at a Glance: Lakeside Hotel Casino
Lakeside Hotel Casino sits right next to West Lake in Osceola, Iowa. The large hotel is connected to an expansive casino and features an onsite buffet restaurant as well as a venue for live entertainment. An indoor pool and elegant rooms round off the highlights at this comfortable getaway in the heart of Iowa.
- Casino with more than 1,000 slot machines, as well as table games like blackjack and craps
- Onsite dining options include the Heartland Cafe and Buffet, which serves up casual American favorites such as prime rib and seafood.
- Catch a show at the hotel’s intimate concert venue. Click here to see upcoming events.
- Spacious rooms feature upscale, modern accents, including granite countertops and jewel-toned linens.
- Take a dip in the indoor hot tub or heated indoor pool.
Osceola, Iowa: Small-Town Charm in the Heart of the Midwest
Osceola is a small town in the center of Iowa, about 50 miles south of Des Moines. A lot of the action in town revolves around Lakeside Hotel Casino—visitors come from all over the Midwest to shoot craps and play the slot machines. Boasting a quaint downtown with old-fashioned streets and historic buildings, Osceola has a fair number of casual restaurants and family-friendly attractions, such as lakes for fishing and lanes for bowling.
For a fun day trip, head north to Des Moines, where you can go shopping, dining, and museum-hopping in Iowa’s capital city. You can’t miss the State Capitol, an elaborate and impressive building with a commanding central dome covered in 23-karat gold. Another worthwhile stop is Salisbury House, a Tudor- and Gothic-style mansion completed in 1928 for a cosmetics businessman. Take a guided or self-guided tour through the home’s lavishly furnished 42 rooms to see its 10,000-piece collection of rare books and fine art.<p>