Hotel at a Glance: Lakewood Resort
Lakewood Resort sits on Lake Nokomis, a 2,400-acre lake in Wisconsin’s Northwoods region. Anglers flock to the waters in search of walleye, bass, and the occasional musky, and there’s an active boating scene all summer long. As a guest at this lakefront resort, you’ll be steps away from swimming, fishing, and a variety of other family-friendly activities.
- Countryside digs: Spacious cabins feature full kitchens, spacious living areas, and lake views
- Kid-friendly facilities: Horse around at the playground and basketball courts, then swap stories around the outdoor fire pits at night.
- Dine outside: The resort provides guests with grills, picnic tables, cookware, and flatware
- Play pool and enjoy a drink: At the Lakewood lounge, which also has WiFi and a variety of snacks and beverages
- Recommended hiking and biking: The Bearskin-Hiawatha State Trail hugs 25 miles of Northwood lakefront
Tomahawk, Wisconsin: Family-Friendly Northwoods Region amid Lakes
With more than 15 lakes and three rivers, the Tomahawk region in Wisconsin’s Northwoods is a bastion for fishing, boating, and wildlife. At Lake Nokomis, the largest lake in the area, you might spot a bald eagle while reeling in a bluegill or largemouth bass. The lakeshore is dotted with beaches and launch stations, making it easy to access the water. The rugged landscape also supports miles of hiking and biking trails, some of which run along the Wisconsin River.
In downtown Tomahawk, there are family-friendly restaurants that serve fresh seafood and host fish fry events on Fridays. Other popular summer pastimes: getting an old fashion sundae at one of the ice cream shoppes, or watching the Kwahamot Water Ski Club put on free waterski shows on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday nights.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.