Four-Star Hotel Attached to Historical Federal Reserve Building
San Francisco’s Old Federal Reserve Bank building served as the city’s financial headquarters for nearly 60 years. The building's mix of architectural styles—there’s a Parisian Beaux Arts colonnade lined with statues of eagles and a newer, modern upper level—helped land it on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. A landscaped pedestrian bridge connects the Federal Reserve directly to Le Méridien, a modern hotel filled with chic touches such as a golden spiral staircase, a sunlit library, and a renowned restaurant.
Le Méridien’s award-winning concierges are all members of Les Clefs d’Or and can help you navigate the abundance of attractions located just minutes from the hotel. The Embarcadero, Chinatown, and North Beach—San Francisco’s “Little Italy”—are all within walking distance. Many of these iconic neighborhoods can be seen from the king guest rooms, which feature flat-screen TVs, granite bathrooms, and luxurious Frette sheets.
Enjoy your two complimentary cocktails at Bar 333 & Bistro, the Mediterranean-inspired onsite lounge. Alternatively, try Park Grill (not included with this deal), where chefs prepare market-fresh cuisine best savored on the restaurant’s outdoor terrace amid panoramic views of the city. Knowledgeable waiters can recommend the best California wines from their extensive collection.
San Francisco’s North Beach: Bakeries, Scenic Vistas, and Beatnik History in City’s Little Italy
From its cafés serving especially strong espresso to its bakeries selling cannoli and focaccia, North Beach has held to its Italian heritage since fishers from Genoa immigrated to the area more than a century ago. Sandwiched between Chinatown and Fisherman’s Wharf just a half mile from the hotel, North Beach centers around Washington Square park, which abuts the Saints Peter and Paul Church.
You can find the epicenter of the neighborhood’s noticeable beatnik influence by walking about three blocks south to City Lights Bookstore. The independent bookstore and publisher has remained a symbol of San Francisco's literary scene and progressive politics since the 1950s, when it was a hangout for Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac.
To the east of North Beach is Telegraph Hill, a primarily residential enclave with one of the city’s most popular vistas. From Washington Square, head east and keep climbing up. At the top, you’ll reach Coit Tower, a 210-foot monument that many have described as resembling a giant fire-hose nozzle (though that was not the designer’s intent). Those who take the elevator to the tower’s observation deck are rewarded with panoramic views, including Golden Gate Bridge to the west, Alcatraz Island to the north, and the San Francisco skyline to the south.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Two cocktails at onsite Bar 333 & Bistro
- Onsite Park Grill restaurant and Bar 333 & Bistro
- Award-winning concierge staff
- 24-hour room service
- Fitness facility
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in and drink alcohol
- Credit card required at check-in
- Guests must notify hotel after reservation to book additional occupants
- $20 for additional occupant paid at check-in
- 15.57% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for an additional guest 18 or older; no charge for an additional guest 17 or younger
- Flat-screen cable TVs
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking available for an additional $54 per night
- Rollaways: available for an additional $25 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: small pets allowed
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 15 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- By transit: BART train toward Pittsburg/Bay Point, Embarcadero stop
- By cab: about $60 from SFO
The Groupon Guide to: Talking to an Old Friend
If you’re going to be out and about in this world, chances are that at some point you will run into an old friend you used to know from summer camp or summer juvenile detention. Here are some things you can say to spark conversation with this long-lost pal:
“Hi, I’ve missed you. Let’s see if our hands are still the perfect size for holding each other.”
“So, what have you been up to all these years? From the looks of things, you’ve been staying fit, active, and hungry for change.”
“Do you remember the pact we made to each other all those years ago? Was it that we would never grow up or never throw up? Because I’ve only been adhering to one of those.”
“Get out of my way. I’m very important now and I’m allowed to go right to the front of any buffet line.”
“I’m sorry that I stopped writing, but the only things I had to say to you were illegal to put in writing.”
“Do you recognize me? You do? Who am I? I had an accident and now I don’t remember anything about my former self. Was I kind and beautiful?”