Hotel at a Glance: Mayan Princess Beach and Dive Resort
Loggerhead turtles, whale sharks, and tuna all make their home amid the vast Mesoamerican reef. On this all-inclusive vacation, you can take a complimentary scuba-diving lesson to see the reef. It's one of many activities available at the luxurious Mayan Princess Beach and Dive Resort, in addition to kayaking and snorkeling. And if you're not in the water, you can park right next to it—the beach is steps away from the property.
- Awards and accolades: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013
- Onsite dining by the ocean: Enjoy fresh-caught seafood, international buffets, and authentic Caribbean cuisine while getting scenic views of the water.
- Beachside massages and chocolate body wraps are among the treatments offered at the resort's Kukut Spa .
- Aquatic oasis: Take a dip in the large outdoor pool or unwind in the oversized hot tub.
- The Black Pearl, an 18-hole golf course designed by Pete Dye, is the only course on the island.
Highlights of Roatán, Honduras
- Diver's paradise: Walls of coral and more than 800 species of fish have turned sunken ships into natural wonders.
- Crystal-clear waters reveal starfish, sea turtles, and eel during scuba-diving and snorkeling trips. There's a wealth of Mayan, Paya, and Garifuna artifacts as well.
- Change of scenery: Farther inland, dense jungles and grassy hills stretch across the surface of Roatán, the largest of Honduras's Bay Islands.
- Local culture: Winding dirt roads lead from the East End's secluded bays to smaller villages. Street vendors peddle wares in the town of Coxen Hole, and French Harbour features an iguana farm and shrimp fishers working the docks.