Resort at a Glance: Mayan Village Resort
Though it's just a 50-minute drive from Cabo San Lucas, the Mayan Village Resort feels like it's completely off the grid. What it lacks in nightlife, the remote resort makes up in swimming and surfing, a minimal carbon footprint, and priceless tranquility. Visit the resort's FAQ page for additional information.
- Beachfront location: Swim on one of the area's only swimmable beaches, go fishing in a panga boat, or watch a pod of whales go by.
- Cabanas: eco-friendly, watertight, and gorgeous
- Minimal footprint: The resort minimizes environmental impact wherever possible.
- Stay active: You can go horseback riding or ride bikes through the Sierra de la Laguna mountain range.
- Relax: Take a dip in the pool or do yoga.
- His and her bathrooms have showers amid coconut palm trees and bougainvilleas.
- Give back: Five percent of all the resort's profits are reinvested in the community, including a local orphanage and a sea-turtle conservationist.
Highlights of El Pescadero, Baja California Sur
- Coastal paradise: On the Pacific side of the Baja California Sur peninsula lies El Pescadero, a sleepy fishing-and-farming town best known for its swimming and surfing beaches.
- Outdoor activities range from sportfishing in the ocean waters to hunting for waterfalls on an ATV in the Sierra De Laguna preserve.
- Taste of area culture: The Todos Santos artist colony is just a few minutes away.
- High-end restaurants and nightlife in Los Cabos can be reached within an hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property recommends renting a car. Taxis are also available at Manuel Márquez de León International Airport (LAP) and Los Cabos International Airport (SJD).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests, and cabanas have a maximum occupancy of two.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Mexico and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? There are no on-site restaurants.