Top Reasons to Visit Meritage Meadows Inn
- The inn is intimate and secluded, with only five rooms and 14 surrounding acres of meadows and woodlands.
- From this point, you’re only 20 minutes from the cultural attractions of downtown Seattle and 10 minutes from boutiques and an outdoor mall in downtown Redmond.
- The Yakima, Puget, and Columbia rooms all have views of the surrounding woods, as well as luxurious touches such as heated tile floors.
- Among the inn’s many common areas, you can find a home theater, a library, and a dining room with a game table.
- Every morning, there’s a complimentary hot breakfast spread of entrees such as stuffed french toast, swedish pancakes, and frittatas.
- Daily wine tastings are hosted onsite; if you want to dig deeper into the local wine scene, the innkeepers can help arrange a tour of nearby wineries.
- The property links directly to some of the area’s most popular hiking and biking trails.
- Guests can also take in a show at the upcoming Cirque du Soleil performances in nearby Seattle, starting January 31.
Downtown Seattle: Gourmet Coffee Shops and Art Galleries in Coastal Urban Center
Meritage Meadows Inn is located about 20 minutes from downtown Seattle. Street performers often provide musical accompaniment as shoppers walk beneath the iconic Public Market Center sign at the open-air Pike Place Market. One of the most renowned attractions in Seattle, the marketplace bustles with both locals and out-of-towners browsing an array of stalls vending fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, flowers, and meat. Before the proliferation of Starbucks on every corner, Seattleites grabbed a cup of java at the company's original coffeehouse, which first opened here in 1971.
Local gourmet coffee shops can be found in other inviting neighborhoods, too. Belltown, located about a half mile north of downtown, is an arts district filled with cafés, shops, and galleries galore. One such gallery, Roq La Rue showcases rotating exhibits with an emphasis on pop surrealism and underground contemporary art.
From the vantage point of Kerry Park, there's a terrific view of Elliott Bay and the Seattle skyline, with the Space Needle standing prominently in the foreground. On clear days, you can search for rock carvings of the Frasier cast on the face of Mount Rainier in the distance.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.