Hotel at a Glance: Mountain Harbor Inn
Mountain Harbor Inn Resort was selected as one of the top 10 resorts in the world in its category by BedandBreakfast.com. They were the first Diamond rated bed and breakfast resort in Tennessee. Every suite at the quaint B & B overlooks the banks of Douglas Lake, nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains. At this exclusive inn for adults, you can get scenic views of the expansive body of water from one of the inn's wraparound balconies or the sun deck.
- Enjoy a breakfast buffet each morning after you wake up.
- Take a sunset cruise around Douglas Lake and dig into a dessert served by candlelight (included in all deal options).
- Optional romance package includes roses and chocolate-covered strawberries
- In-room amenities: Microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker
- Pamper yourself with a hot stone or Swedish massage at the on-site spa.
- Lakeside activities: Mountain Harbor Inn Resort on the lake has boats, jet skis, kayaks, and paddle boats.
- Notable praise: The B & B won a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award in 2011.
Dandridge, Tennessee: Historic Mountain Town Near Great Smoky Mountain National Park
Settlers moving west across the Appalachian Mountains founded the town of Dandridge in 1783 and named it after our First - First Lady Martha Dandridge Custis Washington, the wife of our first president George Washington. Several old buildings in the National Historic District downtown have been carefully preserved, including a handful of taverns and a Greek Revival-style courthouse that dates back to 1845.
- Enjoy an old-fashioned sundae at the circa-1911 Tinsley-Bible Drugstore.
- Bean town: Dandridge is home to the Bush's Beans Visitor Center, as well as a small museum and the original general store where the company was founded in 1897.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park's Gatlinburg entrance is just 27 miles away. Here, more than 100 trails wind past waterfalls and pioneer-era log cabins tucked deep within densely forested mountains.
- Best bicycle ride: The 11-mile loop through Cades Cove, a broad valley of open meadows where you can might see deer, black bears, wild turkeys, or vacationing college mascots.
- Best place to catch the sunset: Clingmans Dome, the park’s highest point of elevation at 6,643 feet,
- Fishing: At Douglas Lake, ESPN has their Bassmaster Elite Series here every year, and is one of the top ten lakes in the US for crappie and large mouth bass fishing.
88% of 17 customers recommend
“Beautiful clean rooms, amazing breakfast, lovely view, and wonderful hospitality”
“Great, kind people and a wonderful environment. Beautiful view and Great Desserts!”
“It was beautiful and great service!”