The Inn at Mountain Quest - Frost, WV
One- or Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Up to Three Kids 5 or Younger in a Any Room, Plus a Farm Tour for Up to Four
Mountainside Resort Surrounded by Grazing Pastures and Animal Farms
More than 450 acres make up the vast estate of The Inn at Mountain Quest, a sprawling turn-of-the-century white-clapboard building situated in a West Virginia mountain valley. If you walk to the top of the inn's four-story observation tower, you start to comprehend the seclusion of the property. Close by, you’ll see the farm’s red barns and a labyrinthine garden. Farther out, there are only vast expanses of rolling green pastures, where horses, llamas, and longhorn cattle are the only permanent residents, and the Allegheny Mountains tower in the distance.
Much of the experience at the inn is dedicated to embracing the surrounding nature and taking advantage of this solitude. This deal includes a farm tour, where you can meet the horses and llamas that live amid the lush valley. When there’s snow on the ground, use the property’s hiking trails for cross-country skiing. Back at the inn, you can relax and read selections from a 23,000-volume library. Every morning, the innkeepers lay out a complimentary buffet in the farmhouse breakfast parlor, which ranges from biscuits and gravy and french toast to waffles and omelets.
Each of the 12 rooms at The Inn at Mountain Quest adheres to a unique theme. On the first floor, the Playhouse room emulates the ambiance of a theater with its punched-tin ceiling, regal red brocades, and an usher who points a flashlight to the bathroom. Down the hall in the Nautical Cove room, a hand-painted waterfront mural lends to a maritime feel, and the Fantasy suite—a larger executive guest room—features a sitting area and looks out to the surrounding greenery.
Pocahontas County, West Virginia: Former Logging Area with Mountain Trails and Bass Fishing
Located about 150 miles east of West Virginia’s capital city, Charleston, the tiny, unincorporated community of Frost in Pocahontas County is surrounded by the Allegheny Mountains. The Greenbrier River Trail, a scenic biking route, passes over a series of wooden bridges near here, and its mountaintop fishing creeks are filled with bass and trout. About 30 miles from the inn, Snowshoe Mountain features downhill skiing and terrain parks for winter sports.
Trains weren't equipped to navigate Pocahontas County's mountain grades and curves until 1900, when the first locomotive train pulled into the area. The nearby Cass Scenic Railroad State Park transports passengers on vintage Shay steam trains to visit restored logging camps and the birthplace of Thomas the Tank Engine.
What You Get
Stay for two in any room. Up to three kids 5 or younger stay free.
- Option 1: $79 for one night, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday ($174 value)
- Option 2: $169 for two nights, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday ($323 value)
Book by: 3/29/13
Travel by: 6/30/13
Included in both options:
- Farm tour for up to four
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- 450-acre operating animal farm
- Complimentary buffet breakfast
- Complimentary coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies
- Four-story observation tower
- Hiking and cross-country skiing trails
- Six-person jacuzzi and sauna
- Onsite fishing creek
- Community game room
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 3/29/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 6/30/13
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Must cancel within 24 hours of booking or fee of up to 1/2 of Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- 12% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each guest 18 or older; $10 per night for each guest aged 6–17; no charge for guests 5 or younger
- Private bathroom with heat lamp
King Guest Rooms
- One king bed
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Regular Guest Rooms
- Two double beds or one double bed and one queen bed
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Queen Guest Rooms
- One queen bed and one bunk-bed set
- Maximum occupancy: 5
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: no additional charge
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: dogs weighing less than 80 pounds may be added for an additional $10 per day in the Innovation and Rustic rooms only.
- Accessibility: one handicap-accessible room, the Garden room, is available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 57 miles from Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB)
- By car: about 210 miles north of Greensboro, North Carolina
- Dinner reservations must be made when booking a room or upon arrival.
- Cell phones do not work on the inn's property due to the Green Bank Observatory's radio blackout zone.
The Groupon Guide to: Posting on Craigslist
Craigslist is an online message board where people can interact with their community without ever leaving the safety and smell bubble of their own home. Here are some tips for navigating through Craig's universe:
Sell your apartment by describing it as "cozy," "luxurious," and "absolutely not a devil box just full of devils."
Get the attention of a "missed connection" you saw on the bus by mentioning a book they were reading and then the more challenging book you were reading.
If you're looking for a new couch, start by skimming the section for "furniture" and end by skimming the section for "cooperative families who will let you sit on their backs couch-style."
If you're looking for a job, check out the "TV/film/video" category first. That's where Hollywood goes to find all of their new movie stars.