Mountain Spirit Resort - Kimberley, BC
Three- or Four-Night Stay for Up to Six in a Two-Bedroom Suite. Combine Up to Six Nights.
Luxurious, Four-Star Retreat Nestled in British Columbia’s Purcell Mountains
Located amid the Purcell Mountains and at the base of Kimberley Alpine Resort, the four-star Mountain Spirit Resort awaits skiers descending from the powdery slopes. Crafted from timber and stone, the ski-in, ski-out lodge is equal parts elegance and rustic mountain charm. Here, you could spend the morning in a spa tub, the afternoon exploring the spectacular wilderness surrounding Kimberley, and the evening enjoying dinner at one of the village’s nearby restaurants.
The resort's rustic wooden portico provides a sheltered pathway to Mountain Spirit's lobby, which is warmed by a massive, double-sided fireplace. Well-appointed suites boast floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the resort's heated outdoor pool and the soaring Kootenay Rockies. The resort also uses geothermal heating and cooling, which helped the property earn a 4 Green Key eco rating.
In the morning, wake up to breakfast prepared in the en suite kitchen. Deer often gather on the grounds to forage for their own meals, trotting into the woods in the morning. While you’re here, you can snowshoe through 1,800 acres of mountain trails or ski down the powder on Kimberley Alpine Resort's 80 trails. In warmer seasons, kayaking and whitewater rafting in snow-fed waters are both popular activities, as is a round of golf on a mountainside course.
Kimberley, British Columbia: Alpine Charm and Outdoor Adventure
Kimberley complements mountain-village charm with year-round outdoor adventures. The town’s Underground Mining Railway is a train attraction that chugs through Mark Creek Valley's scenic landscape as guides reveal historical tidbits about the town's late-19th-century roots as a mining center. In town, pedestrians walk through the Platzl shopping center, which boasts quaint boutiques, Bavarian architecture, and Canada's largest freestanding cuckoo clock. Beyond the picturesque town, mountainous topography and abundant waterways make for excellent horseback riding and fly-fishing. In the winter, visitors can ski down one of British Columbia's top mountains or mush through the snowscape on a dogsled tour.
What You Get
Stay in a two-bedroom suite
- Option 1: $379 for three nights (up to a $777 value)
- Option 2: $399 for four nights (up to a $1,036 value)
Book by: 4/12/13
Travel by: 6/15/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Year-round outdoor heated pool
- Fitness center
- Nearby golf course
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 4/12/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 6/15/13
- Not valid 2/14-2/18 or 3/29-4/1
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 2 per visit
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 25 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- 14.25% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed, one split king bed, and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 16 miles (25 km) from Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC)
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
The Groupon Guide to: Business Attire
Anyone can act professional, but it takes a real pro to look professional. Here are the pieces of attire you'll need to look like a million business bucks:
Suit Jacket: A well-fitted suit jacket ties together the whole outfit and gives you something to unbutton so clients know when you're about to let out a hot, steamy idea.
Tie: A tie is how a businessperson expresses his personality. The three acceptable business personalities are: golf, dad, and thin stripes.
Shiny Black Shoes: Your shoes should be so shiny that when you walk into a meeting the glare from them temporarily blinds your opponents, which is what you call your coworkers.
Belt: The only people who don't wear belts are people who don't want to succeed and those who think success can be found in the arts.