Top Reasons to Stay at Murphy's River Lodge
- The property is located less than 2 miles from the east entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, which contains more than 400 square miles of lakes, meadows, and peaks.
- The hotel is made up of mountain lodges and log-cabin-style buildings containing guest rooms. A river runs through the property, and you can often see elk grazing.
- You can sidle up next to the hotel's outdoor fire pit with a bottle of wine (included in options 2 and 3).
- The property’s heated swimming pool is housed in a window-lined lodge so you can see the scenery.
- A complimentary continental breakfast each morning includes cereal, fruit, and danishes. Guest rooms include refrigerators and microwaves, so it’s easy to prepare snacks throughout the day, too.
- Options 2 and 3 include one margarita per person for up to four guests at Grumpy Gringo restaurant. You’ll also get a two-for-one wine tasting at Snowy Peaks Winery and a framed personal photo.
- It’s just a two- to three-minute walk to downtown Estes Park.
Estes Park, Colorado: Cultured Mountain Town with Hiking, Snowshoeing, Climbing, and Rafting Opportunities
Estes Park is a picturesque playground for outdoors enthusiasts and nature lovers. You can navigate the trails of Rocky Mountain National Park by horseback, and skilled guides lead whitewater-rafting trips down the roaring Colorado River. More than 40 snowshoe trails are also available in the area.
For a scenic drive through the area, take Trail Ridge Road, which has hairpin curves that whip around the mountainside to reveal gorgeous views of the mountains (Trail Ridge Road is closed in the summer, check the road’s status before heading out).