Top 6 Reasons to Visit Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta
- The resort sits right on the beach, with easy access to snorkeling, sailing, and other watersports.
- You’ll be only minutes from the shops and galleries of Puerto Vallarta, whose main attractions also include the scenic cove where director John Huston shot The Night of the Iguana.
- All standard rooms have balconies, some with views of the ocean.
- There are multiple restaurants and bars onsite where you can grab everything from à la carte Mexican food to poolside snacks and cocktails.
- The lobby bar, Blue Nautique, has table games and TVs tuned to sports.
- Guests at Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta have access to the spa at its adjacent sister hotel, The Grand Mayan, where you can soak in the jacuzzi or unwind with a massage (additional charges may apply).
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Tropical Paradise with Cosmopolitan Flair
Puerto Vallarta is perhaps Mexico’s most sophisticated vacation destination, with expansive beaches, trendy restaurants, and cobblestone streets leading to beautifully preserved 19th-century churches. A 16-block boardwalk known as the malecón offers unobstructed ocean views as it extends from the city center, past fountains and a famous 9-foot-high statue of a boy riding a seahorse.
Vallarta draws a diverse crowd of vacationers intent on relaxing during the day and living it up at night, bouncing between the city’s numerous dance clubs and bouncy castles. It’s been called “the most gay-friendly city in Mexico” by Frommer’s. There’s plenty to do for families, as well—there are numerous water parks in the area, including some where you can experience dolphins.
For a glimpse of the city's history, head to Viejo Vallarta, also known as Old Town, where artists peddle shawls and piñatas and mariachi bands serenade couples dancing on Plaza Principal.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.