Hotel at a Glance: Olallieberry Inn Bed and Breakfast
Named in BC Living's list of "Where to Stay, Eat, and Play from San Francisco to San Diego," this welcoming inn provides an old-fashioned respite from daily life. Innkeepers Marjorie, Marilyn, and Larry ensure that guests feel well cared for, cooking up hearty gourmet breakfasts and offering complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres each evening. With this deal, you'll also receive a welcome package that includes Olallieberry Inn granola, a copy of the Olallieberry Inn Cookbook, a bottle of cabernet, and passes for tastings at local wineries.
- Lavish breakfasts incorporate veggies and fruit from the local farmers' market and may include such items as stuffed french toast, ricotta cheese pancakes, and southwestern-style eggs.
- Unique rooms feature private bathrooms and antique decor; many rooms have fireplaces as well.
- Hang out on the back deck with a glass of wine and admire the expansive gardens.
- Book an onsite massage from one of the innkeepers, a certified massage therapist.
- Shops and restaurants are within walking distance.
- Hearst Castle is less than 10 miles away.
Cambria, California: Scenic Beaches near Historic Hearst Castle
Located along Pacific Coast, the central California town of Cambria draws visitors for its charming downtown area that's home to boutique shops and independent eateries. That said, the town’s principle attribute remains its miles of unfettered coastline. Swing by Elephant Seal Beach to see its namesake animals, which can weigh up to 5,000 pounds. Viewing is best from December through March.
About 10 miles north of Cambria stands Hearst Castle, the 165-room mansion of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst. The palatial home sits on a 127-acre plot embellished with gardens, three pools, a zoo, and a private airport. Several guided tours take place daily. Reservations are strongly recommended.