Explore New Zealand’s Lush Northern Region
During this 9-day vacation from Pacific Holidays, you’ll set your own pace on a self-driving tour of New Zealand’s northern region with accommodations in Auckland, Bay of Islands, and Rotorua.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX
- Three nights of studio accommodations at Auckland City Hotel
- Two nights of standard accommodations at Tanoa Paihia Hotel
- Two nights of superior accommodations at Distinction Rotorua Hotel & Conference Centre
- Eight day Jucy car rental in New Zealand
Often called the “City of Sails,” Auckland—which sits along the Waitemata Harbor—has more boats per capita than anywhere else in the world. Jet-boat tours depart regularly from the harbor, giving passengers a wide-angle view of the city skyline and the famous Auckland Harbor Bridge.
- Travel 124 mph through the air on the Sky Screamer, an air-bungy ride that does somersaults in 2 seconds flat
- Take a shopping trip: The historic neighborhood of Parnell, located less than 2 miles (3 km) from the city center, is lined with Victorian homes that have been converted into fashionable boutiques
- Dine at Depot Eatery & Oyster Bar, which serves fresh local seafood such as Cloudy Bay clams and fresh-shucked oysters, and wine on-tap.
- Accommodations: Auckland City Hotel
Paihia, Bay of Islands
This coastal town overflows with stunning scenery and a diversity of wildlife. This—in addition to its location on scenic turquoise waters—makes Paihia a popular destination for outdoor adventures or simply lounging on the beach.
- See whales, dolphins, and leatherjacket fish up-close while scuba-diving near the Rainbow Warrior dive site
- Waipoua Forest, the largest tract of native forest on Northland, is an ancient landscape home to Tane Mahuta, a 2,000-year old kauri tree that continues to grow.
- Pick up kauri bowls, jade carvings, and handblown glass at The Cabbage Tree downtown, a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- Accommodations: Tanoa Paihia Hotel
Rotorua is a hotbed of geothermal activity, with bubbling mud pools, ancient volcanic crater lakes, and explosive geysers. This area is also rife with luxury day spas that specialize in Polynesian body treatments.
- Tour underground rivers at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves on your drive in, where guided boat tours will take you to underground caves that are illuminated by thousands of tiny glowworms
- Cultural dances, storytelling, and a hangi feast are just a few things you’ll experience during an evening visit to the Tamaki Maori Village
- The Rotorua Museum is located in a decadent Bath House, and features eight new galleries dedicated to the local Te Rawa people. There’s also a spa where you can take an “electric bath” in charged waters.
- Accommodations: Distinction Rotorua Hotel & Conference Centre
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please inquire with Pacific Holidays directly at 1-800-355-8025.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
You can extend it for an additional cost; contact Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
All travel dates listed on Groupon are available. For any other dates, contact Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 or email@example.com.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
As long as you redeem in the time indicated on this offer, the travel dates will be available.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Contact Pacific Holidays directly for child fare at 1-800-355-8025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.