Explore Tahiti’s Beautiful Beaches and Laid-Back Towns
Tahiti’s jagged volcanoes, lush rainforests, and soft beaches retain an unspoiled feel and exoticism. After receiving your lei of flowers upon arrival, you’ll have plenty of time to experience the beautiful island on this trip, which takes you through urban Pape’ete and remote Tikehau. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX) on Air Tahiti Nui (coach)
- Round-trip airfare from Tahiti to Tikehau on Air Tahiti
- Round-trip airport transfers
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Hotel Tahiti Nui
- 5 nights of overwater bungalow accommodations at Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- Breakfast daily in Tikehau
- Welcome flower lei on arrival and shell lei on departure
Days 1–3: Pape’ete
The first stop on this trip is Pape’ete, French Polynesia’s laid-back capital. Your hotel is located in the heart of this small seaside city. You’ll be within walking distance of restaurants and attractions like Marche de Pape’ete, an open-air market where you’ll find local gifts like pears and brightly colored sarongs. Also a few blocks away is the Territorial Assembly building, which was once frequented by French post-impressionist artist Paul Gauguin and, before that, was the royal palace of Queen Pomare IV.
- Accommodations: The Hotel Tahiti Nui offers spacious, contemporary rooms, and is equipped with an outdoor pool, fitness center, spa, restaurant, and lounge.
- Plage Lafayette: This beach is unique for its sparkling black sand; it’s protected on the eastern side by steep cliffs.
- Grab dinner or a snack at les roulottes, or food carts, which offer convenient and affordable eats all over the city.
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame: On a tour of this historical cathedral, you can see its Gothic-style vaulted ceilings and detailed sculptures up close. It’s the oldest Catholic church in Tahiti, and one of the few remaining examples of the island’s early colonial architecture.
- Enjoy the view: You can see green hills, jagged volcanoes, and turquoise waters while strolling the Waterfront Esplanade. One of its highlights is Vai’ete Square (located mere block from your hotel), where local performers and food vendors hold court every night.
Days 4–8: Tikehau
Tikehau hasn’t changed much since the 19th century when European explorers first saw its blue lagoon and coral-reef atolls. You’ll be staying on the island of Motu Tiano, which is ringed by one of Tikehau’s many pink-sand beaches. Its secluded shores are ideal for sunbathing and playing in the waves. Beneath the water’s surface is a whole other world—in 1987, explorer Jacques Cousteau found that the Tikehau lagoon had more species of fish than any other in French Polynesia.
- Accommodations: Suspended above shallow water, your tropical, overwater bungalow offers a sundeck, mini bar, and glass-bottom table so you always have a view of the lagoon.
- Go snorkeling and scuba diving in the island’s blue lagoon. Among other marine life, you might spot dolphins, sharks, and turtles in the colorful coral gardens.
- Motu Puarua: Located near the middle of the lagoon, this small island is home to several species of ground-nesting birds, including brown noddies and red-footed boobies. If you’re careful, these birds might let you approach them.
- Grab a bite at the hotel’s Poreho Restaurant, which overlooks the lagoon and offers Polynesian and European cuisine made with local ingredients. Or grab a drink at Tianoa Bar, which is nestled between the beach and infinity pool.
- Hotel amenities: This hotel’s 10-acre property features an infinity pool, coconut grove, and a spa that offers traditional Polynesian massages.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? You need to contact Pacific Holidays for add on fare from your airport.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? You can extend it as long as there are flights available operating on the day you picked. Flights out of Christchurch to Nadi only operate on Sundays (once a week).
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? All travel dates listed on Groupon are available. For any other dates contact Pacific Holidays at 1800 355 8025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? As long as you redeem in the time indicated on this offer the travel dates are available.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?Contact Pacific Holidays directly for child fare (1800 355 8025) email@example.com.
Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Pacific Holidays for details.