10-Day New Zealand and Tahiti Vacation
New Zealand and Tahiti are famous for their lush scenery, stunning beaches, and gorgeous vistas. This self-guided vacation from Pacificislands.com, which includes a rental car in New Zealand, allows you to tour both faraway locales at your own pace. Click here to view the full itinerary. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare (alternate departure dates and gateways may be available for an additional fee)
- Car rental in New Zealand (compact, automatic)
- 2 nights at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City in Auckland
- 2 nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua
- 1 night at Lakeland Resort in Taupo
- 4 nights at Manava Suite Resort in Tahiti
- Ground transfers in Tahiti
- Taxes and fees (except city tax and resort fee in Tahiti)
In Auckland—New Zealand's capital city—you'll be staying at the centrally located Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, located within walking distance of the shops and restaurants of Queen Street. While you're here, don't miss a trip to Sky Tower, a 328-meter observation tower with panoramic views of the city's glittering harbors, beaches, and skyscrapers. You can even go bungee jumping from the top.
Next, you’ll drive your included rental car south to Rotorua, a lakeside town known for its geothermal pools, geysers, and springs. Head to the Waimangu Volcanic Valley to see fumaroles amid lush tropical vegetation, sulphuric rocks, and azure lakes.
For an eerie-yet-magical experience, head to the Waitomo Caves and take a boat ride for an additional fee. The boat glides through an underground river, where if you look up, you’ll see hundreds of tiny glowworms on the cavern’s stalactites.
Finally, you'll travel to Lake Taupo, where you'll stay for 1 night at Lakeland Resort, set directly on the shore. Lake Taupo is actually a volcano with no top—it was blown off during an earth-shaking eruption and is now a gorgeous lake filled to overflowing with fish and popular with water-skiers and kayakers. Nearby is Huka Falls, where 220,000 liters of water tumble down a narrow canyon each second.
You'll fly to Tahiti, where you'll be greeted at the airport and whisked away to the Manava Suite Resort. You'll spend 4 nights here, swimming in an oceanfront infinity pool, drinking fruity cocktails, or dining on Polynesian and international cuisine. Though there's plenty to do at the resort, you can venture beyond the grounds to check out the Robert Wan Pearl Museum, which houses the largest cultured Tahitian pearl in existence. There's also the municipal market in central Papeete, where you can shop for soaps, handicrafts, oils, linens, and local produce.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? You would need to arrange your flights to Los Angeles. The price will vary.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? The Groupon is for specific travel dates. Any deviations from the itinerary will prohibit us from using the promotional airfare on which this offer is based (even partially). All deviations/ changes/extensions will be based on regular airfares and hotel rates.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? If you manage to buy a voucher for a certain departure date, then it’s available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? The departures are guaranteed.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Your child doesn’t need a Groupon – child supplement will depend on the age of the child and is paid directly to pacificislands.com.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact pacificislands.com for details.