Four-Star Luxury Retreat Offering Rainforest Adventure Tours
Both the Pacific Ocean and the rainforest surround Parador Resort & Spa, and the four-star resort aims to integrate itself among these tropical surroundings as seamlessly as possible. From the hotel’s lofty balconies, you can see people hiking nature trails toward seaside cliffs or snorkeling in shallow coves. There are ocean views from four onsite restaurants, too. Parador goes a step further to reduce its buildings’ environmental impact on this area. The resort won multiple World Travel Awards from 2004 to 2012, in part for its commitment to sustainable practices.
La Galeria, the resort’s Mediterranean restaurant, serves tuscan steak and seafood pastas; all food leftovers here are composted and later used to enrich the soil in an onsite garden. That in turn helps enrich the ecosystem, which you can see up close during adventure tours. Among the tours offered are kayaking through Damas Island's mangrove estuaries, riding horseback through the countryside, and canopy ziplining above the rainforest.
In the hotel's tropical rooms, sliding glass doors open onto private terraces overlooking the colorful gardens. Vista suites have a little more room; they’re also located in the resort’s newest complex, which features an adults-only jacuzzi. The rooms are comfy places to return to after you spend a day splashing under a waterfall in the infinity pool, taking in reflexology treatments at the spa, or skipping boulders along the coast.
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica: White Sands and Rainforest Tours
Manuel Antonio lies on Costa Rica's west coast, framed by white-sand beaches and the biologically diverse ecosystem that flourishes within Manuel Antonio National Park. Wildlife and rainforest line the countryside here. It's a popular place to explore the park’s natural habitats or go beachcombing. You can also take guided and independent tours through the rainforest foliage on an ATV, zipline, or caffeinated two-toed sloth.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
What You Get
- Stay for two
- Click here to see all options.
Policies and Fees
Book by: 8/15/14
Travel window: 6/17–6/30, 9/1–12/10/14 (option 1-4) or 7/1–8/31/14 (option 5-8)
- Blackout dates: No black out dates
- Cancellation policy & fees: 30-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 13% tax not included
- Airfare not included.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Quepos Managua Airport (airport code: XQP) which is about 7 miles away from the property. For more information on domestic flights, shuttle service and driving directions, please click here for more information.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard occupancy for both the Tropical Room and Vista Suite is two guests; the maximum occupancy is four guests. Additional occupants are $35 plus tax per day for each additional guest 12 or older; $5.53 plus tax per day for each additional guest 6–11; no charge for additional guests 5 or younger
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Costa Rica and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending a sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Please contact the property for reservation or dress code information.
- Four restaurants and three bars
- Daily breakfast for two included
- Tennis court and mini golf
- Free shuttle service to beaches
- Swimming pools
- Nature trails
- Complimentary WiFi