Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa - Victoria, British Columbia
Two- or Seven-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom Luxury Suite with 15% Off at AquaTerre Spa. Up to Two Kids Stay Free.
Sophisticated Eco Resort with Sweeping Downtown Views
Inside Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa’s three-story glass atrium, fish swim in a small pond surrounded by 80-year-old palms, ferns, cycads, and ficus. It's like a scene from the forests of Madagascar has been transported 10,500 miles to downtown Victoria and just a few blocks from the British Columbia Parliament buildings. The resort is full of these serene natural settings, from the atrium’s koi ponds to the first floor's rock-and-stone façade to the fruit-tree-studded garden. Complementing its organic relationship with nature are the resort’s eco-friendly policies and practices, which have helped Parkside Victoria win several awards, including the highest-possible LEED platinum certification.
These environmentally sustainable actions are evident throughout the resort: some carpets are made from recycled plastic pop bottles, and soil and vegetation from rooftop gardens help insulate the building. Those gardens also produce strawberries, grapes, blueberries, and other fruits and herbs. And if you’re driving an electric car to Parkside Victoria, you’ll find charging stations in the parking lot—one of the first hotels in Canada to feature them.
Hardwood floors in the luxury suites have been harvested from sustainable forests and complement the solid-maple dining table. A private patio overlooking the historic downtown connects the living room and master bedroom, both with flat-screen TVs and electric fireplaces. If you feel like cooking inside, feel free to use the granite kitchen’s stainless-steel dishwasher, refrigerator, and stove. And for those coming back from a day of snowboarding or fencing on the ice, the two bathrooms’ heated tile floors can warm your toes.
This deal also includes a discount at the onsite AquaTerre Spa, where technicians help dissolve stress with hot-stone massages and deep-sea-salt body scrubs. You’ll feel relaxed while drinking complimentary tea among potted plants in the spa’s lounge, a feeling that carries into the candlelit treatment rooms. Aside from AquaTerre’s, you can hang out on sustainable furniture in the lobby lounge and on the rooftop patio.
Victoria, British Columbia: Historical Capital City Surrounded by Natural Beauty
Located on the southern part of Vancouver Island off Canada’s Pacific coast, Victoria has a history as a gold-rush town and naval base, which can still be seen in the 19th-century warehouses downtown and the Victorian mansions along James Bay. Just around the corner, the Royal BC Museum delves into the region’s history with an impressive collection of artifacts and artwork, including a modern history gallery showcasing indigenous totem poles and masks. And since it’s the capital of British Columbia, Victoria has its share of beautiful government buildings, the neo-baroque British Columbia Parliament buildings being foremost among them.
With Victoria’s quaint character, horse-drawn carriage tours are a fitting way to explore the city’s natural treasures. Tally-Ho Carriage Tours gallop through Beacon Hill Park and past James Bay's exquisite gardens. Whale watching, kayaking, and other open-air pursuits are also popular activities for active travelers. For longer getaways, dedicating a day trip to surrounding rainforests can let you see Vancouver Island's varied wildlife and terrain, including the craggy mountains in Gowlland Tod Provincial Park.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
Stay for two in a one-bedroom luxury suite
- Option 1: C$235 for a two-night stay (up to a C$413 value)
- Option 2: C$599 for a seven-night stay (up to a C$1,446 value)
Book by: 11/2/12
Travel between: 10/8/12–3/1/13
Included in all options:
- 15% off at AquaTerre Spa
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Penthouse City Club Lounge
- Ozonated indoor pool and hot tub
- Full onsite spa
- Private movie theater with nightly movies
- Outdoor rooftop patio and gardens
- Fitness center
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 11/2/12 and must complete travel between 10/8/12 and 3/1/13 or promotional value expires
- No limit per person, may buy multiple as gifts
- No limit per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Must cancel by 4pm hotel time one day prior to scheduled arrival or fee of applicable one-night’s stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Must be 19 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Valid only for One Bedroom Luxury Suites
- Not valid with reward points
- 15.38% tax included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
One-Bedroom Luxury Suite
- King bed and pullout sofa
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: C$30 per night for each additional guest 19 or older; additional guests 18 or younger stay free
- 42-inch LCD TV
- Full gourmet kitchen
- Private patio
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: parking available for an additional C$15 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: two-bedroom suites are available for an additional fee at booking or check-in and are subject to availability
- By plane: 27 km to Victoria International Airport (YYJ)
- By transit: BC Transit bus #72 toward downtown, Douglas FS Courtney stop
- By cab: about C$70 from YYJ
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
The Groupon Guide to: Cleaning a Computer Keyboard
From writing emails to just opening up a Word document and typing "Today is the day I won't cry" over and over again, everything we do on a daily basis requires a computer keyboard. Keep your typing tool in immaculate condition using this proven method:
What You'll Need:
• Can of compressed air
• Sharp knife
• Photo of a clean keyboard for reference
• Child, not necessarily your own
• Dirty keyboard (Pro Tip! If your keyboard isn't dirty enough, simply cover it in sunflower seeds and leave it outside to let the birds dirty it up for you.)
With the can of compressed air in one hand and the knife in the other, stab the can. If you pierce the can on your first try, your knife is sharp enough to move on to Step Two. If you don't pierce it right away, keep stabbing but know that Step Two will take longer than it would if your knife had just been sharper.
With your knife still in hand, jab at the photo of the clean keyboard until it has been shredded into a fine paste. You don't want any beautiful keyboard photos distracting you from what you took a day off of work to do—clean that computer keyboard!
Congratulations, you are on to Step Three! With the child within earshot and awake, explain the benefits of a clean keyboard while turning the keyboard upside down and shaking it until you dislodge all crumbs and fluids the birds left behind. Now you've done more than enough today—taught a child a valuable lesson and cleaned that keyboard—to stop crying.