Hotel at a Glance: Pinnacle Lodge
Pinnacle Lodge sits in the midst of Sun Peaks Resort in the majestic mountains of south-central British Columbia. In the late summer and fall, you can explore the rugged peaks on hiking and mountain biking trails that lie within walking distance of your room. You'll have no trouble hitting the slopes come winter, thanks to ski-in, ski-out access to trails on Mount Morrisey.
- Skiing season: The end of November through the first week of April
- Number of trails: 125 across three mountains—Tod, Sundance, and Morrisey
- Tee off: The resort's 18-hole, high-altitude golf course stays open through September 30.
- Raise your glass: There are more than 120 wineries in the region.
- In-room amenities: Mini refrigerator, balcony, and fireplace
- Complimentary eats: Daily breakfast and afternoon tea (included in $16 per day resort fee)
Sun Peaks, British Columbia: Ski Slopes and Hiking Trails Steps from Charming Resort Town
Breathtaking mountain scenery surrounds Sun Peaks on all sides. The resort town has ski-in, ski-out access to nearly 3,700 acres of downhill slopes, which open for skiing in late November. To orient yourself, you can take a tour of the trails with Olympic champion and Canadian Senator Nancy Greene. Other winter activities available include ice-skating and dogsled tours.
From late June through Labor Day, hikers and bikers rule the mountains. The resort has 16 hiking and 35 mountain biking trails, reachable via the Sunburst Chairlift. There's also an 18-hole golf course that sits nearly 4,000 feet (1,200m) above sea level; the course stays open through September 30.
It's worth spending some time exploring Sun Peaks's village, where you'll find pedestrian-only walkways lined with gingerbread buildings housing boutiques, restaurants, and wine bars. Getting around is a breeze on the free bus service that runs throughout the resort. Once the slopes open, numerous village businesses offer ski-in, ski-out access.
What You Get
2-night stay for three in a hotel room 3 with a complimentary bottle of wine
- Option 1: $129 to check in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a $230 value)
- Option 2: $149 to check in Thursday–Saturday (up to a $260 value)
- Option 3: $145 to check in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a $278 value)
- Option 4: $165 to check in Thursday–Saturday (up to a $318 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 10/18/13
- Blackout dates: Not valid 10/11/13–10/14/13, 11/26/13–12/1/13, or 2/14/14–2/17/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to fee of 1/2 Groupon price
- Additional fees: $16 daily resort fee per guest 12 or older not included. $50 refundable deposit required at check-in.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Fitness center
- Hot tub and sauna
- Mountain bike, snowshoe, and inflatable kayak rentals
- Free WiFi
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 10/18/13 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 9/1/13-12/19/13 or 1/3/14-3/31/14
- Not valid 10/11/13–10/14/13, 11/26/13–12/1/13, or 2/14/14–2/17/14
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 10 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Guests using a combined reservation not guaranteed to be in the same room
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- Not valid until 48 hours after purchase
- Reservations must be made by calling reservations, not the property
- All cancellations subject to fee of 1/2 Groupon price
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $50 refundable deposit required at check-in
- $16 daily resort fee per guest 12 or older not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Hotel Room 3
- King or queen bed plus sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 3
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: N/A
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: breakfast, afternoon tea, WiFi
- Parking: lot parking available for an additional $10 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 130 miles (210 km) from Kelowna International Airport (YLW)
- By car: about 250 miles (410 km) from Vancouver
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.