Hotel at a Glance: Quail Park Lodge
Quail Park Lodge has the look of a classic, all-American roadside motel. Built in 1963, it underwent a remodeling in 2011 that amped up its retro vibe with bright blue doors and awnings, mid-century modern pool furniture, and groovy colors and patterns in guest rooms.
- Awards: TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2012 and 2013
- Free bicycle rentals: Guests have complimentary access to six cruiser bicycles and helmets.
- Deck: with panoramic views of the surrounding red-rock cliffs
- Free breakfast: coffee, pastries, and fresh fruit
- Sleep like a baby on king and queen beds with plush mattress toppers, 300-thread count sheets, four pillows, and bedside linen spray.
Kanab, Utah: Popular Filming Spot in the Heart of the Grand Circle
Kanab lies in the heart of the Grand Circle, an area of the southwest that has the highest concentration of national parks and monuments in the country. Landmarks including the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, and Lake Powell are all connected by scenic byways. Kanab is a gateway to the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, a 1.7-million-acre spot that boasts gaping canyons, paleontological sites, and the multicolored cliffs, plateaus, and mesas of the Grand Staircase. It's just 80 miles from the north rim of the Grand Canyon, 40 miles from Zion National Park, and 70 miles from Bryce Canyon.
Kanab's picturesque desert setting and pleasant weather—the city has approximately 250 sunny days per year—have made it an irresistible shooting location for movies, especially westerns. More than 100 films have been shot here, including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and How the West Was Won, earning Kanab the nickname "Little Hollywood." Visitors can check out some of the old sets at the free Little Hollywood Movie Museum.
125 N. 300 W.
Kanab, Utah 84741Get Directions