Top Reasons to Visit Ridgeway Inn
- Swathed in golden cedar shakes, this Appalachian inn is just 1.5 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- You can enjoy a free continental breakfast in the Wauhonhasee Lodge, which has a brick fireplace, a 30-inch flat-screen TV, and a guest computer with Internet access.
- The inn hosts a free wine-and-cheese reception each evening, and gourmet coffees and teas are always available.
- Each traditional guest room has a sitting area and a small kitchen with a refrigerator and a microwave.
- From the inn, you’re within walking distance of Blowing Rock’s restaurants, boutiques, and art galleries, as well as the Blowing Rock Visitor Center in the village.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina: Outdoor Adventure in Blue Ridge Mountains
Bordering the Pisgah National Forest and named for a storied rock formation, Blowing Rock is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Many ride into town via the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway that stretches 469 miles from Virginia to western North Carolina. Activities in town range from whitewater rafting and fly-fishing in the summer to cross-country and downhill skiing in the cooler months. About 25 miles northwest of Blowing Rock is Beech Mountain Resort, where skiers and snowboarders zip down 15 trails suited to all skill levels.
Host to the annual Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show since 1923, the area is also known for its horseback riding. A popular place to ride is the Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows. Within the park there are 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding.
Back in town, Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with eateries and boutiques. Bargain hunters might want to stop by Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“It was so cute and quaint and had great beds and a great room. It was so close to blowing rock and within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops! ”
“Love this place!”
Blowing Rock, NC
131 Yonahlossee Rd
Blowing Rock, NC 28605