Samasati Nature Retreat - Limon, Costa Rica
Three-, Four-, or Five-Night Stay for Two in a Caribbean Bungalow Room with Meals and Yoga. Combine Up to 10 Nights.
Sustainable Caribbean Bungalows Nestled in a Tropical Jungle
The developers of Samasati Nature Retreat in Costa Rica decided that instead of clearing the jungles with heavy machinery to build a glitzy resort, they should leave behind the smallest possible environmental footprint. Teams of oxen delivered sustainable building materials, such as wood from trees that had fallen naturally. Bungalows and lodges were constructed to maximize ventilation and natural cooling so fewer electrical appliances would be needed. The showers are even fed by rainwater collected in a rooftop reservoir. Thanks to this environmentally savvy master plan, Samasati Nature Retreat's 250 acres of rainforest sustains abundant plant and animal life.
Each private Caribbean bungalow room comes dressed in polished chocolate wood and overlooks the mountains, the dense jungle, and the Caribbean’s blue waters. Fresh jungle air and the tweets of toucans pass through the always-open windows. High in the leafy canopy, chefs at Samasati's restaurant prepare colorful vegetarian meals concocted from fruit and vegetables grown in the resort's personal garden and neighboring plots. This deal gets you a spot in a yoga class, which are available twice daily with a resident instructor and are adaptable to all skill levels.
A flat plain of green grass pokes out of the center of the resort, where a hot tub overlooks the lush Costa Rican countryside. Guests relax here in the pool or down the hillside, where they can receive a massage at the spa.
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica: Home to Pristine Beaches and Colorful Creatures
Sheet-white beaches with coconut trees lie 4 miles from the wilderness that surrounds the resort. The rich ecological atmosphere plays host to butterflies, swinging monkeys, marsupials, and more than 500 bird species, and the underwater landscape swims with tucuxi dolphins and sea turtles. Samasati Nature Retreat sets up guests with a variety of eco tours to explore Costa Rica's immaculate environs, including trips involving surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, waterfall treks, hiking, and horseback snorkeling.
You’ll find several Afro-Caribbean flavors in the town of Puerto Viejo, located just a few miles from the resort. Here there are quaint shops and watering holes as well as restaurants serving authentic Costa Rican dishes, including casado, a medley of rice, beans, plantains, and succulent meat. Listen for calypso and reggae music while you’re walking past the town’s brightly colored houses.
What You Get
Stay for two in a Caribbean bungalow
- Option 1: $589 for a three-night stay (up to a $1,422 value)
- Option 2: $789 for a four-night stay (up to a $1,886 value)
- Option 3: $989 for a five-night stay (up to a $2,350 value)
Book by: 2/24/13
Travel by: 5/31/13
Included in all options:
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- One yoga class per person
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Surfing, hiking, kayaking, and horseback-riding excursions
- Onsite restaurant
- Vegetarian meals made from organic, locally grown ingredients
- Private bungalows with terrace
- Hot tub overlooking the forest and ocean
- Private bathrooms
- Laundry services
- Onsite yoga classes; one per person included
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 2/24/13 or promotional value expires
- Travel by 5/31/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 2-week cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card and valid photo ID required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 13% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- King or queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Private bathrooms
- Veranda overlooking the jungle or sea
- Some rooms feature lofts with separate bedroom and living areas
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free onsite parking
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 136 miles (220 km) from San Jose International Airport (SJO)
- By shuttle: $47.00 per person for semiprivate minivan that runs from any hotel in San Jose to Samasati (one way)
- A passport is required for all travel outside the United States.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
The Groupon Guide to: Minimizing Distractions
It’s easy to get distracted from what you’re doing, whether you’re writing an important essay, solving a mathematical proof, or crafting the perfect speech to explain spaying to your dog. Here are some sure-fire ways to minimize distractions and get the job done:
- Turn off the TV.
- Hide your video games.
- Put the TV in a big box so you won’t look at it and imagine which of your favorite shows might be on.
- Replace the box with a casket. TV is dead.
- Burn your books: they’re just written TV.
- Ask your roommate to move out if his life story is distractingly similar to that of classic TV character Mr. Simpson.
- Close all the doors and windows so you don’t have to hear all the TVs driving down your street.
- Imagine you’re on a TV show where you’ll win a million dollars if you don’t get distracted. Turn your TV back on so you can watch yourself on TV. Forget about what you were working on before; you’re a TV star now and you don’t have to do anything.