Sheraton Dallas by the Galleria - Dallas
One- or Two-Night Stay for Two Adults. Up to Two Kids Stay Free. Combine Up to Six Nights.
Newly Remodeled Hotel a Few Blocks from Galleria Dallas
Entering the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria can feel like walking into a modern-art museum. Features such as polished marble countertops, pillars carved from aged Vermont wood, and artwork resembling scrub and trees accentuate the lobby and other common areas. It’s the result of a $17 million renovation that transformed the hotel into a stunning example of Texas modern architecture, which typically emphasizes open floor plans and natural materials.
Guest rooms exhibit a similarly open and natural style. Downstairs, use your food and beverage credit at the hotel’s burger bistro, Front Yard, which serves “tipsy” adult milkshakes and build-your-own burgers with toppings such as chopped jalapeños, spinach, and red-onion relish. Its dining room also underwent renovations; minimalist high-top tables and wood accent walls give the space a natural, contemporary feel. In the morning, head to the lobby for a complimentary buffet with cereal, fresh fruit, and hot breakfast items.
During your stay, check out the nearby Galleria Dallas, where you can use your VIP coupon book at three levels of stores and restaurants. The building even houses a year-round ice-skating rink on its lower level. Sheraton Dallas runs a complimentary shuttle to and from the Galleria, but you can also walk there in about 10 minutes.
Dallas: Historical Parks and Rejuvenated Urban Districts in North Texas
Sheraton Dallas by the Galleria is about 13 miles north of downtown. Though many people know Dallas for the massive Cowboys Stadium (which is actually in Arlington), the city is also an enclave of arts and nature, overflowing with botanical gardens, art galleries, and live theater. Historical Main Street connects many of the city’s recently rejuvenated urban districts as well as the popular Main Street Garden, a block-long public park surrounded by architecturally significant buildings. Locals come here to picnic on the expansive lawn or watch a movie under the moonlight in the summer and fall.
A short walk from downtown Dallas, you’ll find horse-drawn carriages clopping along brick streets in the city's historic West End district, which dates back to the 19th century. The West End became especially notable when President Kennedy was assassinated at Dealey Plaza in November 1963. At The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, you can visit the sixth floor of the former Texas School Book Depository, where Lee Harvey Oswald is believed to have shot at Kennedy’s presidential motorcade.
Joggers and bikers can zip through the fashionable Turtle Creek neighborhood, located about 4 miles west of downtown, via the Katy Trail, which follows an old interstate railroad. Back near downtown Dallas, the 277-acre Fair Park houses North America's largest ferris wheel, seven museums, and four performing-arts centers, many located in art-deco buildings built for the 1936 Texas Centennial Exposition.
What You Get
Stay for two in a deluxe room with breakfast, VIP pass, WiFi, parking, and $10 food-and-beverage credit
- Option 1: One-night stay, valid for check-in Friday–Saturday for Friday–Saturday stays (up to a $151 value)
- Option 2: One-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to a $226 value)
- Option 3: Two-night stay, valid any day of the week (up to a $452 value)
Book by: 2/1/13
Travel by: 5/31/13
Included in all Options:
- Daily buffet breakfast
- In-room WiFi
- VIP coupon book for Galleria Dallas shopping mall
- $10 food-and-beverage credit
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Complimentary shuttle to Galleria Dallas and other area attractions
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center designed by Core Performance
- Remodeled Link@Sheraton business center
- Onsite burger bistro
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 2/1/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 5/31/13
- Not valid 1/26/13-1/29/13, 3/1/13-3/3/13, 3/15/13-3/17/13, 3/22/13-3/24/13
- Limit 3 per person
- May buy 3 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 24 hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- 13% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed, one queen bed, or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per day for each additional adult; no charge for additional kids
- 32-inch flat-screen LCD TV
- Bliss bath products
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: lot parking is included in the deal.
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night; request at booking
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets fewer than 75 lb. may be added for an additional $75 per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 10 miles from Dallas Love Field (DAL); about 20 miles from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- By transit: about 12 miles from the Dallas Amtrak station
- By cab: about $23 from DAL; about $40 from DFW
- By car: about 40 miles northeast of Fort Worth, Texas; about 200 miles south of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- There is a $10 daily parking fee to self-park at the hotel.
The Groupon Guide to: DVD Commentary Reveals
DVD commentaries can be fonts of behind-the-scenes trivia about all your favorite flicks. What are some secrets we learned from watching the special features?
- Only half the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were real dinosaurs.
- Robert De Niro is a joy to work with, really gets to know everyone on set.
- The reason there are so many Batman movies is because the mask lets producers cast interchangeable nonunion stuntmen that are cheap and easy to knock around.
- Marty Scorsese is a joy to work with, takes time to get to know people.
- The special effects in Toy Story were done with computers.
- Claymation skeletons are a joy to work with, spend a lot of time sword fighting folks during breaks.
- Star Wars is based on a true trilogy.